Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 109 20.0%
  • Good

Votes: 194 35.6%
  • Average

Votes: 79 14.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 67 12.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 96 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shanenefdt

With no other actual land-line competitor to compare with they are essentially the benchmark. Bloated, arrogant and inefficient parastatal.

Anti-Chris

Taking into consideration that they are always OFFLINE and therefor unable to process my order, had no other choice but to rate them as pathetic.

Chezzy23

Pathetic I requested my telkom line to be moved three weeks ago. No response No call back.
I been calling for the past week and there system been down ever since. Going to cancel and and look at VoIP.

3WA

Honorary Master
Opening a contract with them was more onerous than any other company.

Network was okay.

Closing a contract with them was more onerous than anything I have ever done.

holtonbd

Great value for money, just their cancellation department sucks. Tried canceling my 30gb contract and they canceled my wifes phone instead. The retail shop in Sandton was very helpfull in assisting though.

alsouth58

Telkom Mobile is very poor in some areas. I have no reception in a Capetown Mall, 100m from their store. They are absolutely not reachable anywhere above firstline. I purchased data topups on two occasions, where we checked the data instore and by the time I switched my computer on again it was used up. I cannot explain how 1gig of data gets used in less than 1 minute. Dell is obviously state of the art!!!! Any attempt to get a response was met with inscrutable silence.

Taryndebruin

Telkom used to be great, but recently their speeds have turned absolutely rubbish and their contact centre staff are not helpful about anything. I have been overbilled since January for services to which I didnt subscribe - I have reference after reference number and lo and behold I still get billed.

Sovereign

After a landline / fibre has been installed, Telkom customer service drops to zero.
Telkom had teams in the street over my whole neighbourhood, offerering to upgrade from ADSL line to fibre at the same monthly cost as existing packages. I accepted and got fibre, but never signed for a different contract (more data, higher speed).
After a few months my invoice doubled, and it took me hours (yes HOURS) on the Telkom support line (10210) to get to anybody that could somewhat help me with the problem. I asked to be returned to my earlier monthly premium, or else for Telkom to prove that I have signed up for a more expensive package (which I have not).
Eventual answer from Telkom is that I should prove that I do not have an upgraded contract with them. How do you prove something that does not exist ?

Status
Not open for further replies.