Please Rate Webafrica

Rate Webafrica, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 31 20.1%
  • Good

Votes: 51 33.1%
  • Average

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 24 15.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresmitZA10

Been with Webafrica for 2 years on ftth with Vuma. Never had an issue. Uncapped, unshaped, no fair usage. Thats what I pay for, and thats what I get.

Caldria

My father's been with Webafrica for years, and recommended them to me as he's had great service and little issues with them. However, that has been entirely not the case my side.

I've had non stop issues with their services - I never ever get the speeds I'm paying for (recently got the 100/100 fiber uncapped, but I'm lucky if I get more than 30 down and more than 10 up)
I've had a few tickets open, no results. Their customer service in general is incredibly bad - they take sometimes weeks to respond IF they ever respond. Then when they finally do, as someone mentioned above, they hope you forget the ticket was opened.

Cannot recommend.

neoprema

Executive Member
My father's been with Webafrica for years, and recommended them to me as he's had great service and little issues with them. However, that has been entirely not the case my side.

I've had non stop issues with their services - I never ever get the speeds I'm paying for (recently got the 100/100 fiber uncapped, but I'm lucky if I get more than 30 down and more than 10 up)
I've had a few tickets open, no results. Their customer service in general is incredibly bad - they take sometimes weeks to respond IF they ever respond. Then when they finally do, as someone mentioned above, they hope you forget the ticket was opened.

Cannot recommend.
Exactly the same here, my 100/100 Fibre is rubbish with Webafrica. And I don't open tickets anymore because clearly they just have some poor bloke who sits there with copy+paste of generic responses.

Brieuse

Been 9 months now with them. As far as their network, in the 9 months maybe have experienced 7 or 8 network dips that I know of where things just get really slow. I don't think that's bad at all.

Their customer service on the other hand, ie, responding to tickets either promptly or at all needs quite a bit of work.

neoprema

Executive Member
*Sigh* 7.2mbps tonight on my 100mbps fibre...

their rubbish continues..

MoilZA

Ah man. I just bit the bullet, forked out for the clawback amount, and forewent the rest of my months fiber with WebAfrica to move to CoolIdeas. Seriously was the best thing I've done. My internet has been so reliable since I've moved. Best thing is my international latencies, which are amazingly stable....amazing since I'm so used to WebAfrica's shaky evening latencies which bounce between 200-500ms to international sites.

WebAfrica however, did work fine for YouTube and Netflix, at all hours of the day. So if that were your only usage, then power to you, but I'm surprised they aren't crashing and burning with their current customer support experience. I just assume not everyone is receiving the same poor support I received on a constant basis, or folks are too forgiving and willing to put up with subpar support.

thesones

I'm on the 20/10 200GB package for R819 with OpenServe

The rolling cap is a terrible idea as I'm permanently at around 200GB, so when it's in the 190GB range it makes me anxious and when it's over 200GB it's useless at 1Mbps.

Honestly I would prefer the cap to be reset monthly so I could manage my usage.

Logged a ticket with their support and they had a really honest reaction to what they themselves think about the rolling cap idea, throttling stranglehold

WA know the product is useless, they just want you to upgrade

"Thank you for your email.

You data uncapped data package has the lowest data threshold and your average 30 day usage is more than you data package threshold of 200GB.

If you want to get out of this throttling stranglehold you have 4 options;

1. Reduced your usage drastically - No usage for the next 5 days will reverse your usage calculator back with 26.46GB this will place you 26.46GB away from 200GB and you will not get throttled in peak times.(This is very hard to do, but I had to mention it.)

2. Change to a 300GB capped data @ R309/month* - You current paying R209/month for your Uncapped data.

3. Change to Uncapped 20Mbps premium data @ R505/month* which has a 475GB usage threshold - your current threshold is 200GB.

4. Change data to Uncapped 20Mbps pro data @ R1029/month*.

*Please note this prices is for data only and excludes the line rental charge of R610/month.

Please advise how you would like to continue.

Kind Regards,
The Webafrica Support Team"

Status
Not open for further replies.