Please Rate your ISP (Other - If your ISP is not listed individually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksoper

ISP: Atomic Access
Rate: 10/10 (full disclosure - I am a founder and operationally involved in this business)
What they do well: Great support, great speeds and great month to month prices
Where they can improve: More fibre network options (Vumatel) and free installation options

Last edited:

Sweeney

We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate your fibre of ADSL based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.
  • Tell us who your ISP is.
  • Rate them (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor, or Pathetic)
  • Tell us what your ISP does well and where they can improve.
ISP : IGEN
RATING : GOOD
DOES WELL : Their service is friendly (technicians especially), quick to react and fix any issues, willing to go an extra mile for your convenience and follows up to check if you are still experiencing problems.
CAN IMPROVE : Unfortunately still a relatively new ISP, so internet instability at times. Could improve more on transparency and letting customers know when there might be downtime (this has improved significantly) better bandwidth and stability improvements.

ISP: XDSL

Rate: Excellent:

What they do well: They communicate very well especially when there is a service interruption. They stay on it until it is resolved and they will keep you posted. They do Enterprise Fibre solutions and they claim nothing more that they can do so if they say true 1:1 is is exactly that. Nothing more nothing less.

Where can they improve: Like all ISP's the lead time for Fibre to be installed. Other than that we have had an excellent experience with XDSL and our customers are happy. What more can one wish for in an ISP?

abe1962

ISP: Vodacom
Rate: 9/10
Well: Great service and good very fast up and down load.
Improve: Never gives a 10/10 because there is always room for improvement and always extra things you can do or give to your customers.

sand_man

Honorary Master
ISP: Home-connect
Rate: Good
What they do well:
The signing up process went very smoothly. Their support and ticketing system seems quite efficient and I love their sms notifications system that notifies users of network issues or planned maintenance etc I got a 1000/100 package which performs beautifully on local.

Where they can improve:
I subscribed to their 1000/100 product which I don't think is yet ready for market. I say this because performance on international is not much better than what one would get on a 100Mbps account. I'm in touch with their support desk and have been trouble shooting for the last 5 weeks with little to no progress. I have heard from the company GM which was nice but other than offering a free wireless mesh, there's been no advantage to having her ear.

If international was better it would have been excellent as every other aspect of dealing with Home-connect has been refreshing.

PaCiFieR

ISP: Liquid Telecom
Rate: Excellent
What They Do Well: Symmetrical connection where download speed is as advertised while upload is nearly double.
Where they can improve: Have a client portal to log faults and to check your account.

Canopus

ISP: Vodacom Fibre
What They Do Well: Consistently get better than rated speeds. Almost zero downtime. Keeps going during loadshedding.
Where they can improve: More expensive that competitors. No access to router settings or account login details.

FluggsPLZ

What They Do Well: Consistent line speed at the advertised speed.
Where they can improve: Router Access is a bit of an issue as well as their rollout schedule communication to the customer.

SoulSeeker

ISP: Vodacom FTH
Rate: Average

The Good:
Consistent speeds. Comes back online after loadshedding :p

The Bad:
Speed to Cap ratio is not in line with other ISP’s.
Closed fibre.
They charge more for a Vodacom account if Vodacom owns the fibre! (how does that even work)
Non existent email support. 30 day turn around time for any request and even then they just close tickets without actually doing anything.
You don’t get access to your own router. Have to phone them every single time just to login and check anything.
They don’t allow you to use a 3rd party router.

ISP: Rocketnet
What they do well: Great customer service. Good value for money.
Where they can improve: Online portal to see accounts / usage etc.

ISP: Cool Ideas (100Mbps Sub Zero+)
Rate: Fanfreakintastic.
What the do well: Pricing is average and their up time is beyond awesome. Their support is on the ball.
Where they can improve: Well this is awkward...... (cricket sounds)

Blade65

We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate your fibre of ADSL based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.
  • Tell us who your ISP is.
  • Rate them (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor, or Pathetic)
  • Tell us what your ISP does well and where they can improve.
Vodacom Fibre
Good Service
Doing well: Good technical service center
Improvement: Need to up their UPS's as recent load shedding resulted in down times

nxpress

ISP: Rocketnet
What they do well: Personalised support.
Where they can improve: Unfortunately could not resolve slower than normal download speeds to international servers on 100/100 service, may have been complex infrastructure issue though. Good Service overall, not much they can do to improve on this far.

schreial

ISP: Vumatel / Vodacom

What they do well: I have not had one day of downtime. I never experience any buffering and it is definitely good value for money!

Sbaise

What They Do Well: Fast Internet speed, hardly any down time, call centre always available and have been extremely helpful
Where they can improve: So far nothing comes to mind

YannJuan

ISP: Metrofibre
What they do well: Very rare interruptions, excellent service.
Where they can improve: Error-prone billing

Status
Not open for further replies.