bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It's still useful knowing where you can watch the content no? It keeps the apps as consistent as possible across the board too.
But I already know that from the preceding screen.

IMG_0363.JPG

The subsequent screen is just a waste of time.

Botha22

It's stated on the Plex website - " * These apps cannot open another service app" and they list:
  • Plex HTPC (v1.14.0 or newer) *
  • Roku (v7.0.3 or newer) *
  • Smart TV supported models (v5.34.1 or newer) *
On Apple TV it opens the episode / movie directly in Netflix etc when you click on it. My problem is that currently, you can't add Disney to the list of streaming services if you are in SA (but available in other countries). Maybe because Plex Discover still needs to be updated after Disney+ was launched in SA, or because of Disney's cellphone authentication. Either way, it would be convenient if Disney+ was also supported.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It's stated on the Plex website - " * These apps cannot open another service app" and they list:
  • Plex HTPC (v1.14.0 or newer) *
  • Roku (v7.0.3 or newer) *
  • Smart TV supported models (v5.34.1 or newer) *
On Apple TV it opens the episode / movie directly in Netflix etc when you click on it. My problem is that currently, you can't add Disney to the list of streaming services if you are in SA (but available in other countries). Maybe because Plex Discover still needs to be updated after Disney+ was launched in SA, or because of Disney's cellphone authentication. Either way, it would be convenient if Disney+ was also supported.
Yeah, that's already been explained to me... but why offer it to people who cannot use it? The pertinent information (the show's availability on various streaming platforms) is available on the previous screen. That's good enough.

FWIW I can't add my Disney+ (US) subscription anyway.

Botha22

FWIW I can't add my Disney+ (US) subscription anyway.
I think it's based on your Plex server location (rather than any regional bypasses you have in place), which is why I have Showmax as one of the available streaming services on mine.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I think it's based on your Plex server location (rather than any regional bypasses you have in place), which is why I have Showmax as one of the available streaming services on mine.
That's possible.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Plex Pass, only benefit I'm seeing for me is maybe Hardware Transcoding and maybe PlexAmp IOS.

non-stop

I run Plex Media Server on my Synology Diskstation, works great.

I bought the lifetime Plex Pass, mainly for multiple user logins, so that content usage is maintained separately and you can control who is authorised to see what libraries ... (only downside is that you need web access for this to work)

ChasI

Plex's free DStv competitor tested

MyBroadband tested the new media aggregation feature on Plex, and we found it easy to set up and very useful.

Plex is a client-server media player platform where users can set up their own server with local content, and then stream from that to various devices.
Please tell me which Plex model, supplier and price. Retired DSTV premium sucker.

stefan9

Executive Member
I would love to see this:

Dstv will compete against Apple TV with its media box and aggregation services, and could find itself bidding against Amazon, Google, and Disney for sports rights in the near future.
I would love to see the tears from Dubai if monochoice were to lose the springbok rights.