POCO smartphones – Now available on Takealot

cavedog

Honorary Master
hmmm the M3 Pro 5G looks good :)

I really want that phone.

I've been buying expensive Samsung phones and on my S10 I maybe used the camera 30 times for a few basic photos never made a video with it so I prefer a phone with fast a fast network chip like 5G, Dual Sim and a decent screen. This checks all the boxes and is really well priced. :unsure:

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
What I find frustrating is that we hardly ever get the NFC version of phones here.

I bought a Redmi 9 because my quick Google showed that it was NFC capable, when I got the phone I checked in the settings only to find that the phone lacks the physical hardware.

When I Googled again, I realised there were three versions of the phone and we got the only version that doesn't have NFC. All three handsets share the same barcode - which is what I used as my search criteria because I thought the barcode would seperate the different version.

The few handsets that do offer NFC are way out of budget for what I'd like to spend! I'd rather take out my bank card and tap!
Im using the x3 pro for NFC

insect

This is going to sound really stupid, but for what do you guys use NFC?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
This is going to sound really stupid, but for what do you guys use NFC?
Instead of using your ATM card to tap at the paypoint, you use your phone.

I have a habit of always misplacing my wallet because when I get home I toss the damn thing anywhere and end up not finding it.

I always know where my phone is :ROFL:

insect

Nice, which app do you use? I have tried looking for the mastercard app Paypass on the play store, but can't find it.:unsure:

eg2505

Honorary Master

Nice, which app do you use? I have tried looking for the mastercard app Paypass on the play store, but can't find it.:unsure:
quite a few apps, I use card app or FNB app also exists.
just search for NFC on the play store, youll find many that use the NFC chip,

Aharon

Honorary Master
quite a few apps, I use card app or FNB app also exists.
just search for NFC on the play store, youll find many that use the NFC chip,
Are you saying you can load your bank cards into an app other than Samsung pay, apple pay etc?

joevan

I was also interested in the M3 until I read the customer reviews on GSM Arena. Found similar negative reviews on Xiaomi phones. What kind of service backup comes with these brands?

Reactions: BCR

BCR

Expert Member
I was also interested in the M3 until I read the customer reviews on GSM Arena. Found similar negative reviews on Xiaomi phones. What kind of service backup comes with these brands?

Their updates seem to screw up the boot process for at least the vocal few, rendering the phones non-functional.

Seems that for a next phone, will have to consider a Samsung over R4k - R5k, or expensive Nokia X10 or X20 (R7k - R8k respectively) running vanilla Android, to avoid these issues, because the Nokia G-series also have their fair share of negative comments.

Saba'a

Executive Member

I have a habit of always misplacing my wallet because when I get home I toss the damn thing anywhere and end up not finding it.

I always know where my phone is :ROFL:
Add a Tile to your wallet

Totempole

Expert Member
The problem with Xiaomi phones is that they last too long. :confused:

Had my Redmi 7 for almost 3 years and its still going strong.

I need it to stop working properly to give me an excuse to buy a new POCO.

Damn you Xiaomi and your decent quality smartphones that get superceded by new models every 6 months!!! :ROFL:

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Noob wues
I really want that phone.

I've been buying expensive Samsung phones and on my S10 I maybe used the camera 30 times for a few basic photos never made a video with it so I prefer a phone with fast a fast network chip like 5G, Dual Sim and a decent screen. This checks all the boxes and is really well priced. :unsure:
Noob question. Can RAIN 5G work on 5G phones?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Noob wues

Noob question. Can RAIN 5G work on 5G phones?

No unfortunately it doesn't work. For me it didn't pick up 5G at all but I would imagine if you actually do get 5G you get redirected to the offline page for using the sim in the wrong device.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
No unfortunately it doesn't work. For me it didn't pick up 5G at all but I would imagine if you actually do get 5G you get redirected to the offline page for using the sim in the wrong device.
Then how can Vodacom's and MTN's work?