POCO smartphones – Now available on Takealot

jnvdh06

Only thing that bothers me of the X3 Pro is the LCD display. I am so used to Amoled.

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
Only thing that bothers me of the X3 Pro is the LCD display. I am so used to Amoled.
the difference nowadays is negligible, only big difference is visabilty outdoors.

But if you ask David Warner... he loves the " blecks" on the OLED when watching cardoonz

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Yeah it's a bit irritating if you are used to amoled
It's got an automatic-outdoor-brightness feature (not your normal auto-brightness) that cranks it to full blast when outdoors which helps

APoc184

Honorary Master
I would actually prefer something with better outdoor visibility. I'm out on construction site most of the day. And my current Mi9 really struggles in the bright sunlight. Or I do with reading it.

If the IPS LCD will make that better then the POCO will be my choice over the Note 10 Pro

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
I would actually prefer something with better outdoor visibility. I'm out on construction site most of the day. And my current Mi9 really struggles in the bright sunlight. Or I do with reading it.

If the IPS LCD will make that better then the POCO will be my choice over the Note 10 Pro
The outdoor visabilty for me is negated by the fact that i wear prescription sunglasses that are polarised.

They make the screen look dim and then i have to take them off to see the screen clearly anyways.. but then end up squinting cos... stigmatism

So im easy either way

cavedog

Honorary Master
I see the Poco X3 GT is also added on Takealot now.

@ R6899 it looks like a very impressive device with 120Hz screen, 5G and 67w fast charging from 0 - 100% in 48min.

Hisense also alluded to a new 5G mid ranger that will soon be available for us in SA.

I'm looking at getting a decent mid range phone with dual sim and 5G. The 120Hz screen is something I would really like to explore.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master

@ R6899 it looks like a very impressive device with 120Hz screen, 5G and 67w fast charging from 0 - 100% in 48min.

Hisense also alluded to a new 5G mid ranger that will soon be available for us in SA.

I'm looking at getting a decent mid range phone with dual sim and 5G. The 120Hz screen is something I would really like to explore.
I just got a phone yesterday with a 120Hz display, it's amazing how premium it makes the phone feel, it just makes everything feels super fast and responsive.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I just got a phone yesterday with a 120Hz display, it's amazing how premium it makes the phone feel, it just makes everything feels super fast and responsive.

I'm actually keen to see what the Hisense H60s 5G brings on price and display and how it will compare to the Poco X3 GT 5G.

Totally agree with you I mean a 120Hz screen even at 1080p just feels so much more premium than a flagship S10 for example.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I'm actually keen to see what the Hisense H60s 5G brings on price and display and how it will compare to the Poco X3 GT 5G.

Totally agree with you I mean a 120Hz screen even at 1080p just feels so much more premium than a flagship S10 for example.
I'm really like this trend of budget mid tier phones these days.

If you look at the X3 GT aside from the AMOLED display it's pretty much the same as a S20 FE.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm really like this trend of budget mid tier phones these days.

If you look at the X3 GT aside from the AMOLED display it's pretty much the same as a S20 FE.

GSM arena actually reviewed it and rates it's camera better as the os it the poco f3 pro?

Looks really good on review. Very good gaming performance as well.

I'm getting one end of this month as it's bonus money month unless the Hisense H60s is something similar will see.

There is also Vivo with some decent mid range.

If you compare samsung A series with these Chinese brands Samsung is lacking a bit in the mid range market.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

Looks really decent think need consider as my next phone, s20 has 120hz but can't use it due to terrible battery life

cavedog

Honorary Master
Looks really decent think need consider as my next phone, s20 has 120hz but can't use it due to terrible battery life

Don't even get me started on Samsung. My S10 has terrible battery life also. Permanently plugged into the charger.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Pulled the trigger and bought one.

Used the R150 off takealot voucher so got R150 off at least.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 193721.png

Gudnews

Expert Member
Pulled the trigger and bought one.

Used the R150 off takealot voucher so got R150 off at least.

View attachment 1202098
Oh, I was thinking of the X3 Pro earlier. The GT is even better but I can see your longing for a special. Even with that being said, it's still one of the best deals out there in cell phone land.

Last edited: