POCO smartphones – Now available on Takealot

cavedog

Honorary Master
Got my Poco X3 GT this morning from Takealot.

Really love the phone. Set it up it's fast, screen is great and has everything you want from a decent mid ranger. I do like the feel and MIUI better than the Samsung S10 one UI.

Supports 5G dual sim, dual 5G stand by which is great.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic

Really love the phone. Set it up it's fast, screen is great and has everything you want from a decent mid ranger. I do like the feel and MIUI better than the Samsung S10 one UI.

Turn down all the animations in the dev options to zero then you will feel speed.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I didn't even consider this option until I saw this thread. Was leaning towards A52 or S20 FE but this is a definite consideration

chakniks

If you get some time, please test the ca combos available for the different networks and some speed tests.
Interested in the POCO brand and have been waiting it out to see if we will get the f3 and m4

cavedog

Honorary Master
If you get some time, please test the ca combos available for the different networks and some speed tests.
Interested in the POCO brand and have been waiting it out to see if we will get the f3 and m4

It does pretty decent on MTN 5G and Rain.

Screenshot_2021-11-28-16-21-32-231_eu.vspeed.mybroadband.jpg Screenshot_2021-11-28-16-02-10-692_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg Screenshot_2021-11-28-15-59-54-321_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

chakniks

It does pretty decent on MTN 5G and Rain.
Thanks, those are very nice speeds.
How do these speeds compare to your other devices?
I noticed Rain doesn't seem to be aggregating, if I remember correctly your Samsung had 4g+

seedat77

After looking around for a brand new phone in this price range it came down to the Poco X3 Pro or the Redmi Note 10 Pro. I couldn't find a dual sim Redmi so I ordered the Poco X3 Pro from Takealot. The X3 GT is out of my budget.

A few things I am concerned about, it will be appreciated if fellow users can give some first hand experience:

1. The phone seems quite big and heavy, and weighs 215g, my previous phone was around 190g. What is the user experience like using a device this hefty?
  2. Is the photo quality really all that bad, especially in low light (according to some reviews)?
  3. I don't play much games, maximum is 2 half hour sessions per day and not graphic intensive games. Does the phone really overheat a lot when the CPU is under stress?
At the end I realised that between the Poco and Redmi I had to decide on CPU power vs photo quality, and for me I would prefer performance, but I just want some input from local SA users of the Poco X3 Pro.

Thanks in advance.

seedat77

Subsequent to my last post, I received my X3 Pro from Takealot and I am very happy with the phone so far. It is a bit heavy but I'm getting used to it. Haven't experienced any overheating issues so far. The performance at this price point is simply on another level - this phone is fast! Another plus is that the phone is the version with NFC and FNB pay works perfectly. Definitely money well spent and a great way to start off the new year.

Lupus

Honorary Master
After looking around for a brand new phone in this price range it came down to the Poco X3 Pro or the Redmi Note 10 Pro. I couldn't find a dual sim Redmi so I ordered the Poco X3 Pro from Takealot. The X3 GT is out of my budget.

A few things I am concerned about, it will be appreciated if fellow users can give some first hand experience:

1. The phone seems quite big and heavy, and weighs 215g, my previous phone was around 190g. What is the user experience like using a device this hefty?
  2. Is the photo quality really all that bad, especially in low light (according to some reviews)?
  3. I don't play much games, maximum is 2 half hour sessions per day and not graphic intensive games. Does the phone really overheat a lot when the CPU is under stress?
At the end I realised that between the Poco and Redmi I had to decide on CPU power vs photo quality, and for me I would prefer performance, but I just want some input from local SA users of the Poco X3 Pro.

Thanks in advance.
The redmi note 10 on Mia is dual sim, my wife has been using one since March