Pocophone F1/Poco F1 by Xiaomi

ahoudet

Expert Member
So is this still a good phone to get these days?

I've been thinking of moving on from my P20 Lite...

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
So is this still a good phone to get these days?

I've been thinking of moving on from my P20 Lite...
Its still the best phone for its price spec wise. Will run circles around your P20 lite vs Poco
Its getting good update support with L1 and slow-mo added after release. Stable on security patch (2019/02/01) unless you go Beta rom's that will have at most 1 month old sec patches.

Only regret I have is I should have gone for something cheaper as my Snapdragon 845 probably never come out of Idle.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

Volksieboi

Expert Member
You know you wanna, for R4K its a dam good price. <Evil Grin>

On a side note, found a cool de-bloater over at XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/how-to/tool-xiaomi-adb-fastboot-tools-t3887359

Guess its used for other things 2, but is great to remove bloat system apps you dont want/need
Yes i so wanna! 4K is an excellent price... I think i will break my current phone soon...:sneaky:

Just ported to telkom... maybe my new Sim wont work... :)

Then i have an excuse :)

By the way.. how are you dealing with ads ?

Last edited:

DizZyRaScaL

Ok cos ive seen reviews that talk about ads. Thanks
If your region is set to India, you WILL get ads and it is super annoying.

If you Google-fu, there are ways to minimise the ads to a great extent. Set aside 1 hour to configure. I did so and now I get 0 ads.

jiten.maken

Hi Everyone

I have one of these and it is nothing short of spectacular!

I have been having some trouble activating volte, I am on cell c but the phone just shows it's off and is greyed out on the settings.

Did anyone manage to get a solution to this?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Hi Everyone

I have one of these and it is nothing short of spectacular!

I have been having some trouble activating volte, I am on cell c but the phone just shows it's off and is greyed out on the settings.

Did anyone manage to get a solution to this?
*#*#86583#*#*

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
With the Samsung S10 (Exynos 9820) and now the P30 (Kirin 980) coming out, I did some reading as well as some youtube browsing to check out the specs on the new phones. Example: https://www.xda-developers.com/qualcomm-snapdragon-855-snapdragon-845-kirin-980-cpu-gpu-ai-benchmarks/

One thing that did not dawn on me the day I bought my Poco, is how good we actually have it. I mean we have a last gen phone (Snapdragon 845) that is still beating this latest releases in benchmarks. All this with vapor cooling and decent RAM. Not to mention that Poco is not just moving to the next device as we getting after market specs like slow-mo L1 Wildevine and 4K support months after release.

Even if you buy it now, its still the best value for money deal out there.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Great News, but howcome all of a sudden Xiaomi can upgrade to L1 Widevine via a software update whereas OnePlus (on the 5 I think) had to physically have the phone back at factory to implement......

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Great News, but howcome all of a sudden Xiaomi can upgrade to L1 Widevine via a software update whereas OnePlus (on the 5 I think) had to physically have the phone back at factory to implement......
Maybe the hardware was capable, but not implemented in software

Conack

Expert Member
Still a happy chap with my Poco too running LineageOS+MicroG instead of the full googleplay services framework's tracking & hogging the battery. Obviously no ads, no bloat, nothing sans barebones android and what I loaded myself.

Reckon it'll last me until there's some new "must have" major new tech/feature, like the fold-up screen (once in an affordable range).
Only have good stuff to say about its speed, battery and camera (Google Cam 6.2):thumbsup:
Worth 4k forsure.

Quintrix

Anybody else upgraded to MIUI 10.3.4.0? Saw it available around the same time as Alpha but dissappeared a day later and have not seen it available since.

Not sure if the zone /country would make a difference. Mine set to SA.

Quintrix

OK, country seems to be the issue. Set country to India and upgrade became available a few minutes later.