Point-to-Point, linking 2 buildings using Ubiquiti Nanostation loco M2

mh348

Expert Member
I need to link 2 buildings, about 800m apart. Building 1 has an ADSL connection using a Routerboard RB750G, building 2 doesn't have any connection. I only require 1 point on building 2 that will be connected to a Raspberry Pi for Audio Streaming.

Will a Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco M2 allow me to link both buildings so Building 2 can access the internet from building 1 and also allow me to access the Raspberry Pi from Building 1.

If the Nanostation won't work, please suggest another device.

mh348

Expert Member
I have another question.. we need to link 5 buildings, within a 500m radius.. Can I use a Picostation m2 as the "base" and have 4 nano's either m2 or m5 at the other 4 buildings pointing to the pico?

or do I need to have nano to nano? meaning 10 nano's ?

also what mode do I set each device as?
example pico = Access Point WDS & the nano's as Station WDS ??

koeksGHT

Dealer
I have another question.. we need to link 5 buildings, within a 500m radius.. Can I use a Picostation m2 as the "base" and have 4 nano's either m2 or m5 at the other 4 buildings pointing to the pico?

Pico may be a bit weak but could work. Perhaps sectors depending on angles or this

breacher

Will be better to do Point to Multi Point using Nano 5's if there's line of sigh everywhere. Try to stay away from 2.4 if you can.