Police commissioner used SAPS helicopter to fly 4km for Wimpy breakfast – Report

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Surely it would have been quicker to walk 4kms that get the helicopter to do that job... with all the safety checks, paperwork, etc etc etc required... and how did the pilot manage to land at the wimpy if there isn't a designated landing area?

zippy

Honorary Master
Just the other day, I was telling work colluegues that I would fly to SA just for the Wimpy Mega Breakfast :)

upup

Executive Member
There was a report of a helicopter landing at a mc donalds in Australia, buy something and fly off.

Voicy

Honorary Master
In this guy's defence, Wimpy breakfasts are the business. :D

naeem

Expert Member
maybe it was an Uber - didnt Dubai have helicopter on demand a while back :D :D

S7wede

Expert Member
If they only knew how to toast the bread on both sides and make crispy bacon though. IF they did that, I would excuse this blatant misappropriation

diesel

Expert Member
Surely it would have been quicker to walk 4kms that get the helicopter to do that job... with all the safety checks, paperwork, etc etc etc required... and how did the pilot manage to land at the wimpy if there isn't a designated landing area?

Checks get done at the beginning of a shift or flight not in between checkpoints or landings , normally to land in a area in a town you would just need to contact the local municipality for authorization to land there but in the case of a police chopper nobody would question them or give them hassles.

Not every police station has a chopper so the few they have are shared between stations and it travels from town to town for operations every so often , the chopper was probably in his area and he decided to take advantage.