Police officer arrested for another dragging incident

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/5a999d...rested-for-another-dragging-incident-20131403

A North West police officer has been arrested for allegedly assaulting a man in Setlopo Village in Mafikeng, and dragging him with a police vehicle.

According to Independent Police Investigative Directorate (Ipid), the 36-year-old sergeant was taken to custody while he was on duty at the Lomanyaneng police station.

Ipid spokesperson, Moses Dlamini says on March 7 two police officers were allegedly seen harassing a boy near a tuckshop in the area.

"After the police had finished talking to the boy, the complainant called the boy to advise him about what to do should he feel that he was treated badly by the police," says Dlamini.

The man, a court interpreter at Molopo Magistrate's Court, says the same police officers called him to the police vehicle on the driver's side to confront him about what he said to the boy.

"The driver grabbed the complainant by the neck and asked him if he knew what police were capable of these days. The policeman allegedly drove off and dragged the complainant for about 100 metres," says Dlamini.

The man suffered injuries to his feet and was taken to a hospital by his neighbour.

The matter was reported to police on Tuesday and was later reported to Ipid.

The sergeant will appear in the Mmabatho Magistrate's Court for a charge of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm.

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
Obviously these cops were taught these tactics by the old SAP and so the government can't be blamed, nor the moral compass of the society.

marine1

Honorary Master
The current regime never had any control, thats what happens with AA / BEE and forcing competent educated people out of the SAPS based on colour.
/waits for the usual suspects to flame me.

The corruption, the rot, its all from the top down, its become a cancer that cannot be cured.
Every single high ranking officer should be shown the door and they should start employing people with degrees, educations, people that want to be cops for the love of the love of policing.

Time to make this force like the US, start enforcing officers to meet a standard, if you fail to meet it, bye bye.

Time to take action against corrupt cops !!!
****ing wake up you useless ANC bunch of chops

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
Time to make this force like the US, start enforcing officers to meet a standard, if you fail to meet it, bye bye.

US cops who shoot dogs, dogs of people who's property they are not even supposed to be on? Or SWAT teams full of gung ho types who crash into wrong houses at 3am? And then not a word of apology?

US has many problems with cops too.

marine1

Honorary Master
US cops who shoot dogs, dogs of people who's property they are not even supposed to be on? Or SWAT teams full of gung ho types who crash into wrong houses at 3am? And then not a word of apology?

US has many problems with cops too.
Not arguing but the cops here have ZERO respect anymore, the difference is in most parts of the USA, people have respect and obey the law, here its the exact opposite.
People here think the cops are all criminals, show me someone who doesnt.
People in the states, mostly think otherwise. Well where I lived, people had respect for the law and the cops in California and thats probably the worst place.

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
Not arguing but the cops here have ZERO respect anymore, the difference is in most parts of the USA, people have respect and obey the law, here its the exact opposite.
People in the states, mostly think otherwise. Well where I lived, people had respect for the law and the cops in California and thats probably the worst place.

I get you.

Albereth

Honorary Master

I can't think when I last met a real policeman.

2001? In Zambia......?

It isn't that we think they are criminals. They are!

Wag

Expert Member
The current regime never had any control, thats what happens with AA / BEE and forcing competent educated people out of the SAPS based on colour.
/waits for the usual suspects to flame me.

The corruption, the rot, its all from the top down, its become a cancer that cannot be cured.
Every single high ranking officer should be shown the door and they should start employing people with degrees, educations, people that want to be cops for the love of the love of policing.

Time to take action against corrupt cops !!!
****ing wake up you useless ANC bunch of chops

Good post. Agree.

Redeemed

Expert Member
Actually the previous regime's police were worse. They were also much more savage and brutal than the current SAPS.

CR34M3

Actually the previous regime's police were worse. They were also much more savage and brutal than the current SAPS.
Be that as it may, it's sad how the targets of the police brutallity haven't changed much. Makes you think... :(

akescpt

Honorary Master
what bothers me is the fact that these incidents are reaching the mainstream. how many more of these have happened? you get the idea that this has happened many times before...

marine1

Honorary Master

Care to post the incidents ? This has never happened like it is happening now.
Also in those days everyone had respect / fear of the law, today we have none

dlk001

Executive Member
I can't think when I last met a real policeman.

2001? In Zambia......?

It isn't that we think they are criminals. They are!

I'm lucky because outside Gauteng, I have only met real policeman and recently, even traffic officers. I don't have a single good cop experience in JHB. I'm sure they exist but I often encounter bad service and corruption.