Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrGyre

Executive Member
FGNLgitVkAMm_85

Wait .... what do I see?
1647269785165.png

Moaning about a circle-jerk picture isn't endorsement of Jussie, if you ventured out of your one website you might find some other wins and owns :p

But if you're happy with the total acount being 9 libs only, be my guest.

Kieppie

Executive Member

Jussie Smollett’s lawyers and family are demanding an emergency suspension of the actor’s five-month jail sentence, saying “vicious threats” including a highly disturbing anonymous phone call raise serious concerns about his safety behind bars.

Who did they hire this time?

El Presidente

Expert Member

Temujin

Honorary Master

Who did they hire this time?
I am not here to debate you on his innocence but we can agree that the punishment does not fit the crime
Agreed... lying under oath is a 5yr sentence... he spent hours on the stand telling one after the other after the other after the other, who know how many centuries he clocked up for himself, he should have been sentenced to decades

wbot

Executive Member
Such privilege. Kinda knew he'll be out of jail in no time.

Last edited:

Kieppie

Executive Member

Now, the lawyers are hitting back, saying the claims are baseless and amount to malicious prosecution.

This comes after a judge ruled Friday that the brothers' defamation lawsuit could go forward, citing that the attorney might have defamed two Black brothers who testified that they participated in a fake racist and homophobic attack on the actor when she suggested they had been
wearing "whiteface."

Clown world

ponder

Honorary Master

CHICAGO (AP) — Two brothers who say they helped Jussie Smollett stage a racist and homophobic attack against himself sued the “Empire” actor’s attorneys on Tuesday, accusing them of defamation by continuing to insist publicly that the brothers carried out a real, bigoted attack on Smollett despite knowing that wasn’t true.

Abimbola “Abel” Osundairo and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo said in a joint statement issued after their lawsuit was filed in federal court in Chicago that Smollett’s legal team has spread false accusations that have hurt their reputations and undermined their career prospects.

“We have sat back and watched lie after lie being fabricated about us in the media only so one big lie can continue to have life,” they said. “These lies are destroying our character and reputation in our personal and professional lives.”

In their lawsuit , the Osundairos contend that even after prosecutors dropped the charges against Smollett while simultaneously saying they could prove the attack was a hoax, Smollett’s attorneys kept saying in interviews that the Chicago-born brothers “led a criminally homophobic, racist and violent attack against Mr. Smollett.”

“Mr. Smollett’s attorneys, faced with an outraged public, did not retreat after their success (in getting charges dropped). Instead, they doubled down,” states the lawsuit, which names celebrity attorney Mark Geragos, fellow lawyer Tina Glandian and Geragos’ Los Angeles-based law firm as defendants.

In a joint statement, Geragos and Glandian called the lawsuit “ridiculous” and “a desperate attempt” by the brothers “to stay relevant and further profit from an attack they admit they perpetrated.”

“We look forward to exposing the fraud the Osundairo brothers and their attorneys have committed on the public,” they added.

The odds may be against the brothers prevailing in court.

Legal experts say that, in the U.S. adversarial system, attorneys are accorded broad protections from lawsuits based on things they say while defending their clients — even if what they say is mean-spirited or false.

“If my client informs me he didn’t do it and I say that publicly ... that’s part of our job as lawyers,” said Jeffrey Granich, a Chicago attorney not connected to the Smollett case. At the same time, Granich said he understood the brothers’ frustration and desire to show they are telling the truth.

ponder

Honorary Master

He on fire https://www.google.com/search?q=jus...HfD_Ah0Q_AUoAnoECAMQBA&biw=1425&bih=937&dpr=1

konfab

Honorary Master
The actor, who much like Amber Heard lost his case not only in the legal system but also in the court of public opinion, said his moral principles as a black gay man made him incapable of orchestrating the hoax.

"I am a black and gay, therefore I am literally incapable of being dishonest" Progressive ideology everyone. He is the ultimate progressive, his behaviour means nothing, but unchangeable biological characteristics mean everything.