Political Correctness at Universities (US).

Saber_rider45

Banned
it seems to be encouraged in liberalism these days. Everyone talks of safe spaces and microaggressions. Or did you miss the point of this thread?

The norm is now for liberal students to not engage anything that threatens them or that they don't agree with. Not the exception.

Find me liberal students that study things that frighten or horrify them.
You make a lot of assumptions i probably would have to dig very hard to find someone like that because that's not the narrative, now days news only gets reported on snow flakes and those that want safe spaces because that gets hits on websites and people commenting.

Xarog

Honorary Master
No it's not
It was the choice of the Nazis to chase away anyone who didn't share their views. Same with the communists. And you're giving justifications for the liberals to do the same thing because it's "their choice".

Thus, from a political perspective we can see that liberalism is inherently hypocritical and corrupt to the core; thus liberalism is to society as cancer is to the human body.

Cray

Honorary Master
it seems to be encouraged in liberalism these days. Everyone talks of safe spaces and microaggressions. Or did you miss the point of this thread?

The norm is now for liberal students to not engage anything that threatens them or that they don't agree with. Not the exception.
Find me liberal students that study things that frighten or horrify them.
What kind of university course is horrifying or frightening....?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Apparently anything that disagrees with a liberal viewpoint.
Examples include criticism of Islam.
Also anything that implies you have to work for a living as opposed to just demanding handouts, your typical STEM degree must be terribly frightening to the average liberal ...

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Also anything that implies you have to work for a living as opposed to just demanding handouts, your typical STEM degree must be terribly frightening to the average liberal ...
Apparently it is unfair if you graduate with a degree in women's studies and are not immediately given a high paying job MAKING A DIFFERENCE in the world.

Saber_rider45

Banned
It was the choice of the Nazis to chase away anyone who didn't share their views. Same with the communists. And you're giving justifications for the liberals to do the same thing because it's "their choice".

Thus, from a political perspective we can see that liberalism is inherently hypocritical and corrupt to the core; thus liberalism is to society as cancer is to the human body.
Fair comment but i will give most people the benefit that they mature.

Saber_rider45

Banned
Those students are soon to be unleashed upon the world as adults. They vote as well. They're going to be your political leaders, colleagues, managers and shudder, human resource managers of tomorrow. A safe space is coming to an office space near you. Better get your microaggressions and privileges in check.
Nah people learn in a multicultural environment, people grow mature.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Sensitive cry babies. Someone could paint their face white for all I care and nobody will be offended because we aren't ashamed of who we are, but now let someone paint their face black and all hell breaks lose and SJW tears flood the world.

nightjar

Expert Member
Maybe but when I think of white people I mostly think racist land thieves
RE - racist land thieves
Even the SA government has no clue as to who owns what land or what was “stolen” so, perhaps, you can enlighten us?

When I think of white people, I think of all the wonderful discoveries and inventions that originated from them in the last thousand years and it helps me to undestand the chip of the collective shoulder of those whose ancestors were not part of that progress.

In 1944 thousands of eighteen year olds stormed the beaches of Normandy, facing almost certain death, in order to make the world a safer place.

In the 21st century thousands of whiney eighteen year old pansies and liberal SJWs need a safe place because words hurt their feelings.

Stop the world - I wanna get off.

Saber_rider45

Banned
RE - racist land thieves
Even the SA government has no clue as to who owns what land or what was “stolen” so, perhaps, you can enlighten us?

When I think of white people, I think of all the wonderful discoveries and inventions that originated from them in the last thousand years and it helps me to undestand the chip of the collective shoulder of those whose ancestors were not part of that progress.

In 1944 thousands of eighteen year olds stormed the beaches of Normandy, facing almost certain death, in order to make the world a safer place.

In the 21st century thousands of whiney eighteen year old pansies and liberal SJWs need a safe place because words hurt their feelings.

Stop the world - I wanna get off.
Don't be so touched, I see people complaining about liberals being snow flakes seem to be snow flakes themselves you just got to touch the right nerve.