Polo vivo 2010 starting problems (99% sure it's the fuel pump)

Arno4Jackie

Hi There guys

i own a 2010 polo vivo 1.4. Since early December the car has been having trouble starting. We tested the battery, the starter, replaced the spark plugs but this is still going on. The car was serviced about 2000km ago, where we replaced air filter, oil filter, petrol filter. The car starts easy if its very cold outside but takes longer if its warm. if i leave the car on for a few seconds before starting it it starts quicker than just starting it from being of but still not as fast as it should. I am not a mechanic and don't know to much about cars but know enough to get by. My dad knows a lot about cars and he also thinks that it is very likely the petrol pump not having enough pressure. The car seems fine when i drive it just struggles to start.

Has this happend to anybody before?

Sumen

Expert Member
Hi There guys

i own a 2010 polo vivo 1.4. Since early December the car has been having trouble starting. We tested the battery, the starter, replaced the spark plugs but this is still going on. The car was serviced about 2000km ago, where we replaced air filter, oil filter, petrol filter. The car starts easy if its very cold outside but takes longer if its warm. if i leave the car on for a few seconds before starting it it starts quicker than just starting it from being of but still not as fast as it should. I am not a mechanic and don't know to much about cars but know enough to get by. My dad knows a lot about cars and he also thinks that it is very likely the petrol pump not having enough pressure. The car seems fine when i drive it just struggles to start.

Has this happend to anybody before?
Take it to a VW dealership for a proper diganostic then take it to a RMI approved aftermarket center to get it fixed.

No use guessing what the problem is