Pool safety / solar cover

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
Last edited:

CheekyC

Just don't get the ones where they drill a hole into the paving and then put hooks in. The holes fill with dirt/sand/dust and you cannot get the hook in.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Just don't get the ones where they drill a hole into the paving and then put hooks in. The holes fill with dirt/sand/dust and you cannot get the hook in.
I've never had that problem with the hooks, mine have been in for ten years now.
We took our net off and only use the solar cover now that our kids are older.
So if you can find one that does both, it will be a big plus.
The product you showed in your link just looks like a big tarp.
I would imagine it is fairly heavy and bulky.
Our solar cover is light and rolls up very easily.

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
It does look a bit heavy but I need the safety aspect also as I have a 7 month old at home.

greg_SA

Expert Member
I have a Power Plastics Solid Saftey Cover... http://powerplastics.co.za/powerplastics-solid-safety-cover/

You can walk on it (just to prove its strength). It results in almost no evaporation, and it safe for our son (toddler). It is also very quick to remove. On our small pool (4x3m) my wife and I remove it in about 30 seconds.

It doesn't let it any sunlight, so your chlorine usage is miles less as well. It won't heat your pool like a solar cover - in fact, it will probably keep your pool cooler because it doesn't get sunlight.

I run a solar heating system, so that keeps the pool warm.

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
I have a Power Plastics Solid Saftey Cover... http://powerplastics.co.za/powerplastics-solid-safety-cover/

You can walk on it (just to prove its strength). It results in almost no evaporation, and it safe for our son (toddler). It is also very quick to remove. On our small pool (4x3m) my wife and I remove it in about 30 seconds.

It doesn't let it any sunlight, so your chlorine usage is miles less as well. It won't heat your pool like a solar cover - in fact, it will probably keep your pool cooler because it doesn't get sunlight.

I run a solar heating system, so that keeps the pool warm.
Thanks very much, will have a look at it. Im not really too worried regarding the solar aspect but if there is such a thing it would be a bonus.

Edit: had a look now and it does not look like it would work. The area around my pool is not flat, the deap end has n rock type formation so I would need to get one with hooks.

Last edited: