Poor international speeds, ISP (Cool Ideas) or line issue?

ryanrich

My international speed issues are still ongoing, currently have a ticket logged and have provided iPerf test results as requested.

Current speed to London, 100Mbps / 100Mbps line...

1539940465352.png

ryanrich

Looks like we have the same problem are u also on cool odeas and ttconnect
Cool Ideas on Frogfoot. Others in my complex on Frogfoot with other ISP's like Vox and RocketNet don't have these issues.

My local speed is perfect, almost flat out up and down.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Local speeds will not be affected badly by packet loss due to the extremely low latencies experienced.

Sounds like something is broken on the ttconnect interface into cisp.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
On the fiber at work.. definitely slow to overseas sites.. something is up...

LuanRousseau

i have forwarded this link toe paul @ cool ideas but no feedback he has done test the only thing he pickup that im using alot of bandwidth and after that nothing only thing i can say im happy with cool ideas and im not willing to move away this problem needs to be fixed i think we as users that provide them with all this info can only help them solving them at least they can say we do support them in getting the things right

Sinbad

Honorary Master
i have forwarded this link toe paul @ cool ideas but no feedback he has done test the only thing he pickup that im using alot of bandwidth and after that nothing only thing i can say im happy with cool ideas and im not willing to move away this problem needs to be fixed i think we as users that provide them with all this info can only help them solving them at least they can say we do support them in getting the things right
The packet loss is stealing your punctuation!!!!!

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi Luan, as per my mail there is poor single threaded performance from your router to London, this is a symptom of packet loss or congestion on TTConnects network, it also looks like you are aggregating our service.

stefan9

Executive Member
Also still having poor international speeds. On frogfoot and cool ideas. Have had a ticket open for 3 months and still not resolved...Not impressed...

LuanRousseau

now this is public knowledge im just sad in a way that after investigation off speed issues the comment "looks like you are aggregating our service" (which is uncapped) but the speed issue is never mentioned which i'm using for offsite back also from the office

Armizael

Also on Frogfoot - while streaming as well, so dipping a bit.
If the problem were on CISP's side, I'd be having the same issues.

I'm almost positive you guys are having packet loss issues from your fibre line provider - I had the same issue when I first got my fibre installed and it presented in exactly the same way - full local speeds but crappy international speeds.

LuanRousseau

Also on Frogfoot - while streaming as well, so dipping a bit.
If the problem were on CISP's side, I'd be having the same issues.

I'm almost positive you guys are having packet loss issues from your fibre line provider - I had the same issue when I first got my fibre installed and it presented in exactly the same way - full local speeds but crappy international speeds.
Where do we start im in cool ideas ttconnect

Armizael

Fairly sure PBCool answered that already:

> Hi Luan, as per my mail there is poor single threaded performance from your router to London, this is a symptom of packet loss or congestion on TTConnects network, it also looks like you are aggregating our service.

edit: TTConnect is notorious for having a bad network with tons of issues.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master