Poor international speeds, ISP (Cool Ideas) or line issue?

stefan9

Executive Member

Also on Frogfoot - while streaming as well, so dipping a bit.
If the problem were on CISP's side, I'd be having the same issues.

I'm almost positive you guys are having packet loss issues from your fibre line provider - I had the same issue when I first got my fibre installed and it presented in exactly the same way - full local speeds but crappy international speeds.
How long did it take to resolve? Did they replace the line.

Issue atm in my case is FF reckons there is nothing wrong with line...

I have run loads of tests for Pieter(cisp tech assigned to my ticket).Speed tests,winmtr,iperf. With my asus router,direct with cpe,cool ideas tp link router. On main pc and laptop. All same results. We are sure its the line as local speeds get line speeds but we can't seem to get FF to acknowledge the issue and fix it.

just a update TTConnect has started doing test which i will provide to cool ideas as they say its a ttconnect issue will share findings

Armizael

How long did it take to resolve? Did they replace the line.

Issue atm in my case is FF reckons there is nothing wrong with line...

I have run loads of tests for Pieter(cisp tech assigned to my ticket).Speed tests,winmtr,iperf. With my asus router,direct with cpe,cool ideas tp link router. On main pc and laptop. All same results. We are sure its the line as local speeds get line speeds but we can't seem to get FF to acknowledge the issue and fix it.
If I recall, Frogfoot also either said there was nothing wrong on their side or took ages to acknowledge it - iirc it took just over a month for Frogfoot to actually bother checking and fix the issue, up till then they just kept asking for traceroutes and other tests (similar to yours) and saying nothing was wrong, whereas if they just investigated properly from day 1, it would have been an easy fix.

On that note - I feel your pain - doing these test over and over again is painful, but Frogfoot will ask this information from Cool Ideas and if they don't provide it, they'll just ignore the issue - they also have to jump through hoops when dealing with the infrastructure providers.

@PBCool can probably give more information here, but Cool Ideas had to keep pestering them about the issue day after day until they actually got someone to properly investigate.

Good luck with getting your line sorted - since the issue was fixed, it's been bliss!

tkburn

I know this is an old thread , but is anyone still experiencing poor international speeds on the frogfoot network?