Poor international speeds, ISP (Cool Ideas) or line issue?

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Strange that an accedian is being used when a raspberry pi will do the same job!
I wonder about the NMS that the fibre operators use as all these problems are guaranteed to be causing some counters to increment on their equipment!

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Then you request a credit from them, which they did do for me on Atomic.

The lack of any feedback.

But not in my case.

Yes, and looking at your support threads, you still haven't gotten ticketing up to scratch.
We have requested numerous refunds from FF in the past, they would check levels on the line and state there is nothing wrong with their service also we logged numerous tickets with FF on your behalf. They seem to send random accedian devices out to customers, more than likely after our complaints and then another ISPs complaints they realised it was in fact an issue.

Either way glad to hear you are getting your international throughput.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
I would also ideally like to stick around and not have to find another ISP that have the resources and willingness to chase Vuma up on these kinds of things, but we all have limits to our patience... :confused:
We go out of our way to resolve issues and to prove to FNO's that there are problems on their side. Unfortunately it first takes a lot of to-and-fro with their NOC's and denials before we can escalate issues.

We badgered Octotel until they admitted problems. We withdrew from TTConnect until they fixed their network, we use our leverage us much as we can. We got frogfoot to replace (eventually) a bad patch lead at one of their ONT aggregation sites.

From experience though, these issues are sometimes difficult to diagnose, and track down, and it takes time.

DeatheCore

We go out of our way to resolve issues and to prove to FNO's that there are problems on their side. Unfortunately it first takes a lot of to-and-fro with their NOC's and denials before we can escalate issues.

We badgered Octotel until they admitted problems. We withdrew from TTConnect until they fixed their network, we use our leverage us much as we can. We got frogfoot to replace (eventually) a bad patch lead at one of their ONT aggregation sites.

From experience though, these issues are sometimes difficult to diagnose, and track down, and it takes time.
Appreciate the feedback and honesty, but hey like I said, I don't want to jump ship as I can see that you guys are trying, and that you have a great thing going - which for some people is unfortunately let down by certain FNO issues (this probably happens way too often and it must drive you guys mad).

From a client's perspective though it's just disheartening to pay thousands per month and sit with subpar speeds and latency spikes day after day, especially when seeing other users blazing fast speeds on this forum.

I get that there are complexities involved when troubleshooting these kinds of issues, and all I'm asking is not to give up or forget about cases like this, as minor as they may seem in the grand scheme.