Poor reviews for console version of Cyberpunk 2077

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Series X is seriously powerful

It's still a console though, as is the PS5.

An RTX 3080 for $699 cannot crack every game at 4K 60fps, so even the new consoles have to be optimised heavily for native 4K resolution. I really wish the console industry hadn't gone crazy for 4K. You wouldn't have to choose between quality and performance modes if they just focused on 1080p or 1440p native resolution. Ray-traced Miles Morales at 60 fps would have been quite something...

Lupus

Honorary Master
It's still a console though, as is the PS5.

An RTX 3080 for $699 cannot crack every game at 4K 60fps, so even the new consoles have to be optimised heavily for native 4K resolution. I really wish the console industry hadn't gone crazy for 4K. You wouldn't have to choose between quality and performance modes if they just focused on 1080p or 1440p native resolution. Ray-traced Miles Morales at 60 fps would have been quite something...
Probably would've had that on the Series X :)

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Probably would've had that on the Series X :)

10.28 teraflops vs. 12. Nah they're basically the same. Buy a console for its game situation, not the hardware. Series X has Game Pass Ultimate, PS5 has exclusives. That's all anyone should be thinking about.

Personally, I'd opt for the Series X. People belong in jail for the console game prices in SA.

Lupus

Honorary Master
10.28 teraflops vs. 12. Nah they're basically the same. Buy a console for its game situation, not the hardware. Series X has Game Pass Ultimate, PS5 has exclusives. That's all anyone should be thinking about.

Personally, I'd opt for the Series X. People belong in jail for the console game prices in SA.
Yeah I've got game pass and it's great. Hey 1 teraflop could make a massive difference :) I mean the Xbox one Original was only 1.3

Sapphiron

Expert Member
I think the game is too big for last gen of consoles. And the same goes for most 5 year old PC's as well.

I think CDPR underestimated how much work supporting old consoles is.

Swa

Honorary Master
Ja né. Perhaps it's a good thing this happened. CP2077 wasn't anything near ready for release, as is most games these days, and don't even get me started on "in development"s. Sad it had to be CP2077 but it will recover if only because of all the hype but perhaps it will send a message to release games that are actually ready for release and stopping to use consumers as testers with constant "updates" that are then bigger than the game.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
I'm just amused that they released it for the PS4 at all.

It's 7 year old tech....and a game that makes cutting edge tech suffer.

Like seriously?

Lupus

Honorary Master

Like seriously?
Also both consoles use AMD tech from the early 2010s,we all know Bulldozer/Piledriver tech was horrible.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Ja né. Perhaps it's a good thing this happened. CP2077 wasn't anything near ready for release, as is most games these days, and don't even get me started on "in development"s. Sad it had to be CP2077 but it will recover if only because of all the hype but perhaps it will send a message to release games that are actually ready for release and stopping to use consumers as testers with constant "updates" that are then bigger than the game.

Game development time seems to be unfortunately too long these days, the studio has to either release an incomplete/bug prone product to get cash or become bankrupt before the game is ready for launch. Microtransactions and dlc for existing games will probably help with the studio keep going regarding cash flow to keep expenses manageable, but we know how notorious those types of add-ons can become.

Hogrod

Expert Member
Yeah. Not gonna make it run any better though....

I think the game is too big for last gen of consoles. And the same goes for most 5 year old PC's as well.

I think CDPR underestimated how much work supporting old consoles is.
It's heavily marketed as a current gen console title by CDPR on their site cyberpunk.net and TV ads. Can't even get a native PS5 version, it's out next yr.

Funny how they never showed console gameplay b4 launch. Tad disingenuous considering how badly it's performing. The digitalfoundry vid on PS4 perf says it all. Gross.

Swa

Honorary Master

Like seriously?
Tech that's been around for most of CP2077's development. If they had to start over now and develop for PS5 they'd never be finished.

Lukitz

Game development time seems to be unfortunately too long these days, the studio has to either release an incomplete/bug prone product to get cash or become bankrupt before the game is ready for launch. Microtransactions and dlc for existing games will probably help with the studio keep going regarding cash flow to keep expenses manageable, but we know how notorious those types of add-ons can become.
CDPR has already recouped their development and marketing costs in the first day... Don't believe that microtransactions and Dlc are required, it's just a scummy way for them to get people to pay more ontop of the ridiculous amounts of money they make.

Reactions: Swa

Splinter

Honorary Master

And here you carry on with your bias.