Poor service and speeds from RAIN

louisjj

Two weeks ago I took the Rain 5G package for R699 a month that is supposed to give 30mbps speeds. When I log onto their activation service it shows that the maximum speed would be 227mbps from where the router is situated. When I actually do a speed test, I only get 3.4mbps. After battling for two days on their online chat to get hold of them, I was told that both the towers in the Florida, Gauteng, area is faulty and that it has been escalated. Two weeks later I still get 3.4mbps and those people that they call "support" never gets back with an answer. Seems like they care as much about customer service as their CEO, ZERO. I have a 4G package where I get the exact same speed, that's the reason I took the 5G, hoping the speed would improve.

Dazdaz

Louis, you're in a better position than I am right now. I did a speed test and my ping was 67ms,download speed was 0.12 and my upload speed was 0.32. It's been like this for almost a year. So my max download speed when downloading a small video is about 20 - 30kbps.thats was with the R250 package and I upgraded to the R479 package and the results were still the same.

Kiemo

Louis, you're in a better position than I am right now. I did a speed test and my ping was 67ms,download speed was 0.12 and my upload speed was 0.32. It's been like this for almost a year. So my max download speed when downloading a small video is about 20 - 30kbps.thats was with the R250 package and I upgraded to the R479 package and the results were still the same.
that’s what I get with the 250 package as well over a year I have been struggling myself

Romito

Expert Member
that’s what I get with the 250 package as well over a year I have been struggling myself
So basically there's no difference between the 4G and 5G in terms of speed right now.

Kiemo

We
So basically there's no difference between the 4G and 5G in terms of speed right now.

in all honesty I can’t say ..this is what I tend to understand from this type of threads ... your location your tower location and it they support band 38 or 41 ... something like that

Cyprio

I usually bitch a moan about Rain ...so yesterday their top customer support guy Faiz called me and we discussed my issues over a 20 minute phone call...they called me back after i left a ticket at their support site....magically overnight all my speeds are up and 5g CPE is working like the day they installed it i average 200-250 Mbps and my other complaint upload speed was fixed...Rain can fix things when there on the right program amazing how when thing just work there are no complaints.:):thumbsup:

Kiemo

I usually bitch a moan about Rain ...so yesterday their top customer support guy Faiz called me and we discussed my issues over a 20 minute phone call...they called me back after i left a ticket at their support site....magically overnight all my speeds are up and 5g CPE is working like the day they installed it i average 200-250 Mbps and my other complaint upload speed was fixed...Rain can fix things when there on the right program amazing how when thing just work there are no complaints.:):thumbsup:
How did you get to talk to him