Portable Power Stations

joshuatree

Expert Member
I know of brands like Jackery, Ecoflow, Bluetti, Flexopower and even the Ellies/Sunsynk Cubes.

Does anybody know anything of the following brand/unit?

G1000 - 1100Wh(300000mah/3.7V)Pure Sine Wave ,Lithium-Ion High quality-Portable Power Station

https://www.takealot.com/portable-power-supply-g1000-1100wh-300000mah-3-7v/PLID73142842

joshuatree

Expert Member
Description

Portable generator solar power station UPS used rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.

Contains pure sine wave, which provides cleaner power than a modified sine wave, no harmful to your 110V/220V devices.
-Independent charging and discharging circuit modules allow you to power or charge your devices while simultaneously recharging the Lipower UPS AC power bank.

Large Capacity 300000mah/1110Wh Lithium Battery & Total Output of 1000 Watts.

1000 Watt Portable Generator Power Station, CPAP Battery Pack, Home Camping Emergency Power Supply Charged by Solar Panel/Wall Outlet/Car with 220V/110V AC Power Inverter, 4 DC 12V Ports, USB Ports.

Product type: Portable Solar generator
Model Number: G1000
Built in Battery: 1100Wh(300000mah/3.7V) High quality A+ battery cell
Input Charging: AC110V-220V 50/60Hz
Solar Panel input: DC12.6-18V (100-150W)
Car Charging: DC12V
DC Output: 4 x DC12V/3A, 4 x USB 5V/2.1A, 1 x 12V Cigarette Lighter
AC output: 2 x AC110V 60Hz /220V 50Hz
DC max output: 120W
Output wave: Pure Sine Wave
Operation temperature: -20°C~-60°C
Lifecycle: over 1000 times

-----------------
R12.392 @ Takealot right now

Compare that to the Jackery Explorer 1000

RedViking

Nord of the South
Stupid here.

What is the use case for these?

To carry back and forth between home and work? |

If it stays at home, how does it compare to an Inverter trolley setup?

joshuatree

Expert Member
Recharging laptop to watch TV, or even occasionally powering the TV, not necessarily with every outage, running your fridge/washing machine in an emergency. Whatever.

Portability, and being flexible, can use it for camping, etc.

Easy solar charging.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Apparently the Hubble S100 batteries will only be in stock mid- December for trolley setups.

I see this as an alternative.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Stupid here.

What is the use case for these?

To carry back and forth between home and work? |

If it stays at home, how does it compare to an Inverter trolley setup?
Output wave: Pure Sine Wave

deweyzeph

Executive Member
The problem with all these cheap and nasty Chinese branded all-in-one setups is that they are hopelessly underpowered.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Sometimes there are really good Chinese ones out there, hit and miss, or just watch reviews on YouTube

Reactions: Yuu

maxxis

Expert Member

Mirai

Expert Member
That is not what I'm referring to. I'm specifically referring to these cube things with the built-in battery. A hybrid inverter is a very different beast.

I think they're good for what they do. You get pure sine wave output to power a notebook plus some other equipment while ESKOM is loadshedding.

A hybrid inverter is expensive and has large batteries attached and solar. It's a more expensive solution for if you only need to power a laptop or two and a display with router and a light, these portable things are very nice. They're rated at >1,000 cycles and usually so about 2-3 load shedding sessions per cycle so they can last a while.

joshuatree

Expert Member
So this was Flexopower's response when enquiring about the replacement battery to their Lithium 555 unit regarding price and if it is readily available:

Thank you for reaching out.

The pricing on the replacement battery would be available first quarter of next year.

----------

I might phone them. Disregarding the website email response from this specific person.

Mirai

Expert Member
So this was Flexopower's response when enquiring about the replacement battery to their Lithium 555 unit regarding price and if it is readily available:

Thank you for reaching out.

The pricing on the replacement battery would be available first quarter of next year.

----------

I might phone them. Disregarding the website email response from this specific person.

I would probably not bother. By the time a LiPo battery wears out, say > 1,000 cycles, the inverter will be old tech and you will likely have better batteries and inverter in one package with warranty to boot.