• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Possible Diablo 4

copacetic

King of the Hippies
If Diablo 4 ever comes to pass, I truly hope that they recognise the magnitude of ****up that D3 represented to the franchise.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I'm loving Diablo 3 right now, been playing it for many weeks. But I only puchased it long after they fixed all the problems.
Right now it's a solid game, but I understand it took a very long time to get to this point.

You can read about some of that process to fix Diablo 3 here.... Well recommended reading...
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/how-blizzard-saved-diablo-3-from-disaster/

Diablo 2 will be very difficult to repeat and get right. And the above article mentions why, it may be impossible to reproduce the exact elements that went into Diablo 2.
My only criticism of games like this is the grind to get the best gear. But I suppose that's part of the attraction.

If you bought Diablo 3 and were disappointed, I challenge you to reinstall it now and see how they have fixed it.
It's still not Diablo 2, but it's not far off.

Stillie

Expert Member
I'm loving Diablo 3 right now, been playing it for many weeks. But I only puchased it long after they fixed all the problems.
Right now it's a solid game, but I understand it took a very long time to get to this point.

You can read about some of that process to fix Diablo 3 here.... Well recommended reading...

Diablo 2 will be very difficult to repeat and get right. And the above article mentions why, it may be impossible to reproduce the exact elements that went into Diablo 2.
My only criticism of games like this is the grind to get the best gear. But I suppose that's part of the attraction.

If you bought Diablo 3 and were disappointed, I challenge you to reinstall it now and see how they have fixed it.
I agree with you 100% [MENTION=8378]LazyLion[/MENTION] D3 is an amazing game. I bought it on release and was terribly disappointed but i am still playing it today after all the fixes. I actually bought it for XBone as well. Bought the Necro pack the other day and good grief i am loving that class. Also bought the necro pack for the PC for when i want to play MP :)

The worst thing that D3 brought was the real money and auction house way back when, that ruined the game big time. I am so relieved they removed that feature entirely

Really loving D3 right now.

rakabos3

Executive Member
If Diablo 4 ever comes to pass, I truly hope that they recognise the magnitude of ****up that D3 represented to the franchise.
Lol D3 haters is still a thing???? 3rd best selling pc game of all time. Best game i ever played, after D2

rakabos3

Executive Member

+1

aybbleek

Expert Member
Lol D3 haters is still a thing???? 3rd best selling pc game of all time. Best game i ever played, after D2
I can understand it... there were so many things wrong with the game when it launched. It's a totally different game now.

rakabos3

Executive Member
I can understand it... there were so many things wrong with the game when it launched. It's a totally different game now.
Fair enough, but it hardy did damage to the franchise. It will be remembered as one of the greatest games of all time. Just simply the way they improved it was epic. Light years ahead of anything else, even at launch.

Bring on D4 and our unrealistic expectations i say!

aybbleek

Expert Member
Fair enough, but it hardy did damage to the franchise. It will be remembered as one of the greatest games of all time. Just simply the way they improved it was epic. Light years ahead of anything else, even at launch.

Bring on D4 and our unrealistic expectations i say!
I still have nightmares of Error 37. But I haven't learned my lesson. I will be at the midnight launch, you bet your ass I will

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I didn't say that I hated it, I said I hope they learned something from the many mistakes that were made with D3. I got several hundred hours out of the game, which I found quite enjoyable (once RoS had come out, and the auction house shenanigans were dealt with).

That being said, what I'd like out of D4, personally, is something with a bit more depth, and a bit more darkness, god knows I'd like an alternative to PoE. And if they can recreate something with the spirit of D2, it will surely be one of the best ARPGs out there.