Post Office falling apart - can't pay bills, pensions not being paid into employee accounts

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Quick!!! Throw more BBBEE and EE regulations at it and change the name to something that reflects the history of the struggle to liberate SA! That should sort it out!

In other news: Treasury announces a bailout of R???billion to rescue failing Post Office

deweyzeph

Executive Member
They want to partner with Courier companies for the delivery of the packages. Not sure who will be willing to do it, seeing that they are not paying their suppliers.

It's laughable that they want to partner with courier companies to deliver packages under 1kg when these very same courier companies have been performing this service perfectly well for the last 3 decades without this "partnership". It's not a partnership, it's just extortion, pure and simple.

Okty

Expert Member
This probably explains why they are so adamant all of the sudden with the delivery of less than 1 kg packages.

Wonder how long the Wish partnership is going to last with all this disarray?

Wag

Expert Member
Stop using them years ago, not for the long queues or lost packages it was for that attitude from the ppl behind the counter.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The Post Office is useful for only 2 things (and one of those is still being "tested" in my opinion)

Vehicle License renewals
Wish deliveries (this is still being tested from my point of view after their "partnership"... if they can keep the delivery times to under a month consistently then it will be worthwhile)

deweyzeph

Executive Member
The Post Office is useful for only 2 things (and one of those is still being "tested" in my opinion)

Vehicle License renewals
Wish deliveries (this is still being tested from my point of view after their "partnership"... if they can keep the delivery times to under a month consistently then it will be worthwhile)

I'm not sure what the point of the post office is. I literally haven't received any physical mail in over a year. Absolutely everything that used to be posted is now sent electronically. The only things that were ever posted used to be traffic fines and vehicle renewal notices, but even these don't come anymore. On the odd occasion that I've got a speeding fine, the only way I knew about it was because I'm subscribed to one of those fines websites that alerts you when you get a fine. As far as vehicle renewal notices are concerned, it seems that the government has completely given up on sending these out anymore. You just have to keep track yourself when your licence disk expires.