Post Office partners with Wish to improve deliveries

Tman*

Expert Member
Wish has announced a strategic partnership with the South African Post Office

Would have been better: "SAPO has announced a strategic partnership with wish"

tumi007

I purchase a lot of stuff from Ebay and most sellers use their national post office to send parcels to SA and then South African Post Office takes over.
Parcel always stuck in JIMC A or B air for months before being dispatched to Cape Town.
Their tracking system App does not work with international tracking numbers anymore, you can only track it when it is in your local post office and so if your parcel is stuck at customs you will get a notification after weeks or months. No one can match the post office bad service in this country.
You put in your phone number below the address which I always ask my sellers to do and they always comply and you simply do not get those collection sms.
You go and collect the parcel then a month later they send you a collection slip and if you deleted your tracking number you will go there stand in line only to be told you already collected this parcel a month ago.
What is so difficult in delivering peoples parcels? Some are being returned to sender and you did not get any collection communication from the SAPO. It will take some effort to improve that place, it is really bad bad bad.

Swa

Honorary Master
And don't forget your R28 per parcel when you collect. Bring cash, because SAPO's card facilities doesn't work 98% of the time. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
You have to swipe after they know and tell you the chip will fail. Ridiculous. Have never had to swipe my Capitec card since getting it.

There's an angle none of you considered:sneaky:

Currently you order from Wish,it doesnt arrive in months,you get a refund,then the item arrives ~50% of the time half a year later (FREE STUFF - even if its fake/wrong item)
They have now partnered to guarantee it arrives before they have to do a refund and you still get the goods. In the end this protects their scambottom line
The only angle worth considering here is that Sapo is fundamentally incapable of delivering parcels or post on time so I don't see how they could possibly make this work.

Martin_P

I wish my international packages arrive at all, you have a 50% chance of receiving your packages even if you wait 4-5months.

j4ck455

Executive Member
SA Post Office head of Logistics Sekano Kgalanyane said that the service was keeping up with the latest e-commerce trends and has improved its tracking system with the capability to track international parcels.
Totally unbelievable.

“The text message application, which informs customers that their parcels is ready for collection, is automated and customers are constantly made aware to collect items when ready for collection,” Kgalanyane said.
I'm guessing the groundbreaking "text message application" (that sends SMSes? big ****) does not send an automated message to inform you that your parcel has mysteriously disappeared (read: has been stolen by SAPO employees).

envo

Expert Member
50% decrease in delivery times? So from 6 months to 3 months?

How do you improve 50% of "never"? I wasn't aware that you can divide an infinite into two and then all of a sudden get your package?

That being said *so many LOCAL companies* already have systems in place that they could strategically partner with, systems developed BECAUSE of their ineptitude of being able to deliver even the simplest of mail.

Why the hell go to an international company once again? I wonder how much the "kick back" for this contract was that the minister got for pushing this deal through

Kodi

Spoke to a long time friend last week, he works for SAPO. Said the place is in absolute shambles, more than the public realise.

Amongst other things, told me SAPO can't afford to pay Employer contributions into the retirement fund, instead it uses that money to fund the medical aid. Crazy.

Afon Kulikov

Forging
So instead of waiting a year or more for your parcel to arrive and then be stolen by the SAPO, it will now be less than a year and stolen

uchoose

Post office burnt it's bridges long ago, same as SAA. Similar to Telkom, many of us still remember their service years back.

Bruce Banner

Good Luck , Wish sends K/A/K stuff , not the stuff u order and its worse now that Sapo is involved , worse

wbot

Executive Member
I cannot think of a better pairing for a Chinese scam retailer than our own corrupt and broken PO.

The jokes write themselves in SA.
Wish is American though isn't it? Most of their vendors are Chinese but the company is American