Post Office partners with Wish to improve deliveries

KantSnyer

Expert Member
Spoke to a long time friend last week, he works for SAPO. Said the place is in absolute shambles, more than the public realise.

Amongst other things, told me SAPO can't afford to pay Employer contributions into the retirement fund, instead it uses that money to fund the medical aid. Crazy.
Yup, 2 out of the 3 branches I visited recently were closed due to non payment of electricity.

Modssa

You just need to walk into any post office to see the loads of packages already there. How about hiring 2 young unemployed people per post office to clear the backlog? They will make millions from the R26 they charge or whatever it is now.

Swa

Honorary Master
You just need to walk into any post office to see the loads of packages already there. How about hiring 2 young unemployed people per post office to clear the backlog? They will make millions from the R26 they charge or whatever it is now.
Those are parcels people don't collect? You just need some automated systems at JIMC to clear the real backlog, but "unions"...

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
Postnet is doing a fantastic job....,
My local Postnet is just across the road.

I've been there several times when they receive their mail and packages for the morning, and it's a massive bundle. The manager there told me their workload has increased three-fold since the last time it looked like SAPO was going to imminently collapse.

They handle more mail than actual packages.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
My wife uses Wish pretty often, she seldom pays for anything and just ends up recycling credit for items that didnt arrive.
So yeah, its currently a gamble on whether goods will arrive or not.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
50% faster delivery times

Ok, so instead of waiting 6 months (true story i shcit you not) it now gonna be 3 months.

Furk Off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banggood.com delivers all my goods via a courier in under 3 weeks
50% of 0 = 0

shearder

This is a joke right??? We are talking SA POST OFFICE. I LOST OVER R5000 WORTH OF GOODS LAST YEAR ... GONE SIMPLY GONE!!! Stolen by out majority I am 100% certain of it

The Light Green Hornet

Clearly they don't know the SAPO. If they can get these mamparras to do their work efficiently and not steal their parcels I will be stunned. In the meantime I'll not be holding my breath or using either of them.

rvZA

Executive Member
Post Office partners with Wish to improve deliveries

Online shopping retailer Wish has announced a strategic partnership with the South African Post Office to strengthen its logistics capabilities and customer experience for South African consumers.

According to a shareholder statement from Wish, the company will be working directly with the Post Office to create a more consistent and efficient experience for its customers.

So, the only thing I read in this article is that the Post Office apparently can speed up deliveries and ensure that parcels are delivered fast and safely. It also tells me that the months and years of current delays are done on purpose to inconvenience clients and probably expect bribes to do their work.

Now, imagine if the Post Office simply did not enter into any agreement and forced their rubbish to do their work. The company would have been in a different position today.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Actually bought a few things from wish, mainly toys but paypal to ensure refunds are honored.

RedViking

Nord of the South
This is a joke right??? We are talking SA POST OFFICE. I LOST OVER R5000 WORTH OF GOODS LAST YEAR ... GONE SIMPLY GONE!!! Stolen by out majority I am 100% certain of it
We are sorry for your loss. Here are some universal plasters.

1619428792281.png

XTM

If wish want to go down like sapo its their wish then...