Post Office says 'only' 11% of mail goes missing

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Just thinking about that musty old smell you get inside a PO makes me want to hurl.

Flanders

Honorary Master
I was sent an Advent Calendar from Germany. They posted it in November according to the stamps. Received it end of February. Chocolates were melted and the whole package bend beyond recognition. Well done SAPO. I made the 89%, yay.

giphy.gif

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Does not compute.
Post Office says 'only' 11% of mail goes missing

Post Office says 'only' 11% of mail doesn't reach destination on time
Does this not mean that they are implying that it it is late and not missing?
Unless "on time" is code for missing :unsure:

neoprema

Executive Member
Own goal scored dishing out those stats.........

Edit: Now Post Net have something extra to take to court to argue their case that they should be able to handle under 1 kg packages. 11% of frikken packages go missing.
It wont matter because this is not about deciding who is a reliable, and efficient service. Its about finding a way to "force" business to SAPO so the cadres get their money.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
It wont matter because this is not about deciding who is a reliable, and efficient service. Its about finding a way to "force" business to SAPO so the cadres get their money.

Yeah we can hope though. Hope is all we have left in this country.......

neoprema

Executive Member
Yeah we can hope though. Hope is all we have left in this country.......
Also, in looking at my answer it may be that their reason is not necessarily to steal money.
You have a failed SOE, like many other countries have had. You're trying to fix it, they've partnered with Wish. But the problem is all available business for it has been taken up by the Pvt sector (not necessarily bad). So in a way the only way to force it to work again, and make it profitable, is to "force" it into a position. Doesn't sound nice, nor fair, but it does accomplish the goal of getting it back out there, and hopefully with proper service.

Blackhand

11% is a disastrous official number and it's exactly why SAPO has its current reputation. No private company could remain operational with missing packages spiraling out of control like that.

Some loss or breakage is inevitable, but you want that at less than 1%.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
11% is a disastrous official number and it's exactly why SAPO has its current reputation. No private company could remain operational with missing packages spiraling out of control like that.

Some loss or breakage is inevitable, but you want that at less than 1%.

How many of the missing 11% are valuable items as opposed to just regular mail.

Acid0

Expert Member
Also, in looking at my answer it may be that their reason is not necessarily to steal money.
You have a failed SOE, like many other countries have had. You're trying to fix it, they've partnered with Wish. But the problem is all available business for it has been taken up by the Pvt sector (not necessarily bad). So in a way the only way to force it to work again, and make it profitable, is to "force" it into a position. Doesn't sound nice, nor fair, but it does accomplish the goal of getting it back out there, and hopefully with proper service.
The question would be why did everybody drop the SAPO and went for private by paying more to deliver their parcels?

It is because the private sector dont steal your parcels and at least you know that you will get what ever you purchased.

So to say they need to force this again just opens the whole process of stealing our stuff.

I still think 11% is not the correct number, becuase have you ever tired to contact the SAPO to find out where your parcel is if you cant track it..... if you are lucky some one will pickup in about 40 - 50 minutes of holding on.

I am still waiting for them to find my watch they LOST that was sent from the US (and yes at that time it was the only way they could send it was via SAPO) till today no word every time I phone and willing to hold on they just say its been escalated and they will investigate.

So from all my experience with SAPO they might as well close or change their name to License renewals because that is unfortunately all they are good for these days.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
The question would be why did everybody drop the SAPO and went for private by paying more to deliver their parcels?

It is because the private sector dont steal your parcels and at least you know that you will get what ever you purchased.

So to say they need to force this again just opens the whole process of stealing our stuff.

I still think 11% is not the correct number, becuase have you ever tired to contact the SAPO to find out where your parcel is if you cant track it..... if you are lucky some one will pickup in about 40 - 50 minutes of holding on.

I am still waiting for them to find my watch they LOST that was sent from the US (and yes at that time it was the only way they could send it was via SAPO) till today no word every time I phone and willing to hold on they just say its been escalated and they will investigate.

So from all my experience with SAPO they might as well close or change their name to License renewals because that is unfortunately all they are good for these days.
Also had the same experience. Posted a coffee mug to my stepsister in the UK.

It never arrived.

HOWEVER - everything I've sent (or ordered) by courier, simply arrived, no losses or lo-o-o-ong delays.

Mila

Honorary Master
Funny how they want the monopoly but still china will not use the SA P03$ office.

I guess there will just be less things shipped if this happens.
The great big black hole. The South African P03$ office

acidrain

Executive Member
Well my R5k brazed plate heat exchanger was one of those 11%. School fees though