Johnit

This is simply extortion under another name! Sapo was laid to waste by poor management, union action which broke down all services, bad worker attitude, non-delivery and theft. They have just proven this again by wrecking an item shipped from Europe. R5000+ damage.

How do Sapo think they have a right to exist, to extort if they are unable to deliver even the most basic services? Registered letters being returned because delivery notices never got sent etc.

I think we should stop using Sapo as a form of protest against their extortion attempts. Have all documents and invoices and statements emailed etc.

I do pity the few honest and hard working Sapo employees caught up in this mess. The local branch was closed, almost as punishment for the last truly friendly and capable staff members...

Cray

Honorary Master
This is simply extortion under another name! Sapo was laid to waste by poor management, union action which broke down all services, bad worker attitude, non-delivery and theft. They have just proven this again by wrecking an item shipped from Europe. R5000+ damage.

How do Sapo think they have a right to exist, to extort if they are unable to deliver even the most basic services? Registered letters being returned because delivery notices never got sent etc.

I think we should stop using Sapo as a form of protest against their extortion attempts. Have all documents and invoices and statements emailed etc.
This has been my goal for the last few years anyway, wherever possible I have chosen to go electronic.

Nomad2

Why not start with a decent letter delivery service and go from there, or is that not possible!

c64

Not really an issue for most online shopping deliveries in my opinion. Takealot always seem to deliver my items in ridiculously oversized boxes already. Possibly only items like credit cards may be an issue.
Sometimes I think Takealot only stock two sizes of box, large and extra large.
The reserved postal service schedule 1 of postal services act 124 of 1998 notes a maximum size of
length 458mm
width 324mm
thickness 100mm

rvZA

Honorary Master
The courts will likely approve this. The courier companies are also likely to accept this and pay the fee to keep continuing their businesses. Unfortunately, this will mean higher fees for the public in future. Nothing else expected under a communist regime. They so hate apartheid, but love some of the rules and laws they made.

konfab

Honorary Master
The competition commission usually levels significant fines to punish and remediate anti-competitive behaviour, when will the Post office be fined?
Of course not, because the moment an entity is run by the government, they are somehow not a monopoly, nor would they ever behave like a monopoly (decreasing quality, increasing prices).

j4ck455

Executive Member
“SAPO’s expectation is that providers that are appointed as SAPO agents in respect of the conveyance of specified postal articles by courier will pay a fee to SAPO since, in SAPO’s understanding, SAPO is the only licensed provider of services in respect of the specified postal articles,”
Does the relevant legislation that established SAPO as a monopoly have any provisions that allow SAPO to subcontract its mandate to privately owned entities?

Oh and fsck off SAPO.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
SPECTRE... Special Executive for Counterintelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion. They're still alive.

In the words of Sandor Clegane : f@ck off, SAPO.

LeftRightLeft

This country is so backwards it's not funny. I feel ashamed for being South African. Other countries probably look at South Africa and must think "what a bunch of morons." Smh. The fact that they haven't told the post office to f off is just beyond me. They are still living in the stone age, not realising the world has changed and moved on from all those old ways of doing things. Compared to the rest of the world we may as well be living in the caveman days. This country will never come right because they are stuck living in the past.

Swa

Honorary Master
Go fetch at your local post office now. Enjoy!
Would actually not be a bad idea for SAPO to allow their offices to be used as pickup points. Unfortunately they closed most of the important ones.

LeftRightLeft

People will just go back to buying in store. This is nothing but another ANC tax
What stores exactly? Everything is closing down in this country. Musica, Look & Listen, CNA's electronics department, Reggies, even Incredible Connection seems to be reducing the amount of electronic products they keep in their stores. I'm a gamer, so I need those kinds of stores to find the stuff I'm looking for. The only place left in my entire town that sells that stuff is Game, and they are mostly useless (at least the one in my town is), because they hardly ever have any stock. My only option is to buy from online retailers like Takealot and Raru, because almost all of the stores that sell gaming related stuff decided to give up and run away. :mad:

Pixies

Honorary Master
What stores exactly? Everything is closing down in this country. Musica, Look & Listen, CNA's electronics department, Reggies, even Incredible Connection seems to be reducing the amount of electronic products they keep in their stores. I'm a gamer, so I need those kinds of stores to find the stuff I'm looking for. The only place left in my entire town that sells that stuff is Game, and they are mostly useless (at least the one in my town is), because they hardly ever have any stock. My only option is to buy from online retailers like Takealot and Raru, because almost all of the stores that sell gaming related stuff decided to give up and run away. :mad:
What I'm saying is that this will make online stores uncompetitive and open local retail opportunities.
The reason you have to buy everything online is nobody (brick and mortar) can compete with Takealot (online).

RedViking

Nord of the South
Would actually not be a bad idea for SAPO to allow their offices to be used as pickup points. Unfortunately they closed most of the important ones.
Oh hell no please. It's a vagrant warehouse and flooded with grant queues. Nevermind the service from the employees is enough to want to commit suicided or at least plan a funeral.

• Haha
Reactions: Swa