See hidden discussions | Win great prizes | Get free support
My favourite (the book, not the movie) -Any recommendations?
My favourite (the book, not the movie) -
Has some interesting relevance. The virus started in China.
Other favourites -
We make our own pizza bases as well as pretzels. Only makes sense to bake some bread too.
How do you make the bases? We have a pizza oven and I'm very interested. Normally we just buy the best bases we can - existing attempts have homemade bases have been nowhere near worth the effort.
I toss everything into the bread machine but basically...
EDIT: this is enough for three to four decent size bases.
- 1 packets (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for bowl and brushing
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (spooned and levelled), plus more for work surface (1 cup bread flour, one cup cake) 300g
If you've got time and make the dough the day before you can reduce/leave out the sugar.
- Pour ¾ cup warm water into a large bowl; sprinkle with yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture. Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and brush top with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until dough has doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead 1 or 2 times before using.
- To freeze, you can wrap the dough in plastic and freeze it in a resealable freezer bag for up to 3 months. If you plan to use it in a recipe that calls for half a batch, divide it before freezing.