Post your grocery shortages.

saor

Honorary Master
Did the bulk of my shopping at local convenience stores in Salt River and found pretty much everything I needed. They were stocked with toilet paper and all the usual stuff. Not even bothering with big supermarket chains.

kingr

- Whole Lamb from my local butcher. This is a first ever that they are out of stock.
- Toilet paper
- Veggies from PnP
- Chicken
- Mince
- Pork

Spend 5hrs today running around for supplies for our household & I’m going back tomorrow for the missing items

Urist

Expert Member
The armageddon starts in half an hour.... you all prepped?
No wait.. it's midnight thursday :laugh:
Delved into my booze stock too early... not going to work tomorrow... will take a leave day for the rapture :ROFL: .

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I still need meat. I ordered from my butcher yesterday, and he said he's not sure he can get the order in by today. Usually he was walk-in and buy. Been suffering under the economy. I went there yesterday morning and he was sold out. He says he's already sold out for the next few days as well. All the incoming stock has already been accounted for.

Daruk

Honorary Master
The armageddon starts in half an hour.... you all prepped?
No wait.. it's midnight thursday :laugh:
Delved into my booze stock too early... not going to work tomorrow... will take a leave day for the rapture :ROFL: .
Lol. There's no excuse to get this wrong.

Daruk

Honorary Master
this is how bread used to be made and its amazing!

You dont need "yeast" to make this only flour. its a bit of work though to get started.

Used to bake a loaf once a week follow this:

the lasst loaf i baked

View attachment 806523
I heard some horror stories of people getting sick if you get it wrong and end up with the wrong bacteria... Is that scaremongering?

Snyper564

Executive Member
I heard some horror stories of people getting sick if you get it wrong and end up with the wrong bacteria... Is that scaremongering?
Thats more kombucha. I guess its not impossible but its not likely. As i said this is how bread used to be made before commercial yeast became available. All ww naturally fermented breads are sourdough. These loaves typically cost R40-R60 each last longer and are better for people with gluten intolerance. tldr dam delicious bread

maumau

Honorary Master
Not groceries but does anyone know an online store who still has 70% alcohol sanitizer spray? 5L.

Takealot and Futurama sold out, Chemlab seems to have closed down. I received an automated reply to my email and they aren't answering their phones.

RedViking

Nord of the South
There is nothing I need right now. But next week I will need fresh veggies and stuff for salad. Haven't been to the shop recently to know what the conditions are.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Not groceries but does anyone know an online store who still has 70% alcohol sanitizer spray? 5L.

Takealot and Futurama sold out, Chemlab seems to have closed down. I received an automated reply to my email and they aren't answering their phones.
No. But I got from someone selling locally at R35 for 350ml.

Lupus

Honorary Master
No. But I got from someone selling locally at R35 for 350ml.
That's actually not bad, some people were selling it for R30 for 50ml. We've still got a 50ml in our car from a few months ago, I had some on my desk at work and we got a bottle from my sons dojo.
The only thing we're missing is red meat, as currently we've got fish and chicken to last 28 days.

RedViking

Nord of the South
That's actually not bad, some people were selling it for R30 for 50ml. We've still got a 50ml in our car from a few months ago, I had some on my desk at work and we got a bottle from my sons dojo.
People are and some choose to get raped.

But you will be on lockdown now, so no need for hand sanitizer? Unless you go in to work still. But just hop over to the bathroom and wash your hands.

You don't need sanitizer at home.

A essential businesses will have sanitizer at the entrance.

Lupus

Honorary Master
People are and some chose to get raped.

But you will be on lockdown now, so no need for hand sanitizer? Unless you go in to work still. But just hop over to the bathroom and wash your hands.

That was one of my comments on a twitter feed, but of course the racist tirade that came back. Apparently I'm one of those people

maumau

Honorary Master
People are and some choose to get raped.

A essential businesses will have sanitizer at the entrance.
Boss has said we must sanitize parcels of food that arrive from online shopping :eek:

Would bleach or meths do the trick.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Meths do the trick for a lot of things.

But yes, I would sanitize everything that's gotten in contact with the outside world.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Boss has said we must sanitize parcels of food that arrive from online shopping :eek:

Would bleach or meths do the trick.
That's correct.

Jik and water. If it is non essential. Leave it for 3 days depending on the packaging.

What I have been doing for he last two weeks.
Packages. Groceries. Anything from outside.

1. Everything goes to Scullery.
2. Wash my hands.
3. Clean everything with jik water.
4. Put the disinfected stuff on the disinfected cupboard.
5. Once done clean the scullery.

Obviously pay attention to how you clean it and plastic bags etc.