Post your grocery shortages.

Corelli

Expert Member
Try the weird corner cafe mini marts for yeast. They usually have as no one buys some stuff from them unless youre desperate.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
While a wild fermentation in your sourdough is great, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that you'll be able to make a good cider with a wild yeast. It's pretty damn hard to make a good cider using every single thing correct, including proper juice, the correct yeast, temperature controlling, sanitary environments, etc. etc., and the few times I've tried it's came out pretty OK, but still required aging. I would really recommend you try and ferment another type of drink, rather. Kombucha, ginger beer, etc.
The thing is you can't control what happens and you can get sick very sick to the point where even covid19 would be preferable.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
The thing is you can't control what happens and you can get sick very sick to the point where even covid19 would be preferable.
Yeah usually I'm wouldn't be too worried about the stuff that can make you sick. There's a pretty good working rule - if your nose tells you "no", then don't do it. Your nose will tell you pretty quickly if something is just fermented wild, and if it's off, in other words, going to make you sick. If you make something that'll make you sick (like with really bad wild bacteria), then you'll smell it. If you decide to drink it anyway, well, then you're stupid :D

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Went to a couple of spars today and noticed the following are no longer available:

Brie cheese (I even phoned around trying to find some of this)
Pineapple pieces
Jiffy bags
Smooth apricot jam
Salami

surface

Executive Member
Making a batch of sourdough pizza bases mmm, flour is going to be on the list when I pop out for the first time, have about 8kg left, 2kg rye and 1kg whole wheat
Where do you get rye from? Dischem?

TheJman

Expert Member
No stock of Pecks Anchovette

Also, no one has stock of Methylated Spirits (great for cleaning)