Post your most profound thoughts of the day

KT-B

Honorary Master
The idea that breaking down and shaming an entire gender in order to eradicate violence against women and children, has to change. You don't fix problems by breaking people down, you need to build them up. The hastag of men are trash needs to be dropped. They are not. But alienating them may turn them into exactly what you think they are.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
This was profound to me - Alan Sugar when he heard rumours that people said one of the models of computer he produced will over heat because it does not have a fan in (which it did not need).

But Mr Alan Sugar, Amstrad chairman, denies this.
"The machines had been fully tested and the decision to include a fan was simply to reassure people", he said.
"I'm a realistic person and we are a marketing organisation, so if it's the difference between people buying the machine or not, I'll stick a bloody fan on it," he added.
"And if they say they want bright pink spots on it, I'll do that, too."
"What is the use of me banging my head against a brick wall and saying, "You don't need the damn fan, sunshine." ?" Mr Sugar asked.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
The idea that breaking down and shaming an entire gender in order to eradicate violence against women and children, has to change. You don't fix problems by breaking people down, you need to build them up. The hastag of men are trash needs to be dropped. They are not. But alienating them may turn them into exactly what you think they are.
The whole identity politics thing is risible. It's the ultimate in stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination to apply behavioural expectations to someone purely based on how they can be classified in terms of sex, race, orientation etc.