Post your most profound thoughts of the day

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
^^ Dunno, but I like Naval Ravikant’s take :-

“We’re not really here for that long and we don’t really matter that much. And nothing that we do lasts.
So eventually you will fade. Your works will fade. Your children will fade. Your thoughts will fade. This planet will fade. The sun will fade.
It will all be gone.”

Heh, no worries there then.
... and Confucius he say that you have two lives, the second one begins when you realise you only have one.
I really like that.

I have always heard the saying that people don't think about you as much as you think they do. I am always surprised when I find out that people did. Those people do not live in the now - but in the future or past.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Gentlemen, when talking to your significant other, please always remember, your conversation is being recorded for quality control and training purposes.

saor

Honorary Master
When you surrender your ruminating to the æther, you make available more mind to attend to what's in front of you.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I wonder - if we were all the same colour, same IQ, same looks, same religion or lack thereof, and same wealth - would we still find a reason to hate and kill?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
So I don't know how profound this is, but I have to share it anyway.

A lot of us remember the popular song by George Harrison - Got my mind set on you. It was very popular in nightclubs back in the 90s and 2000s. Go play it now. Open a youtube tab and refresh your memory.

Now listen to the lyrics again, but think to yourself, "This song is about rape."

Creepy AF hey?

Mister 44

Executive Member
So I don't know how profound this is, but I have to share it anyway.

A lot of us remember the popular song by George Harrison - Got my mind set on you. It was very popular in nightclubs back in the 90s and 2000s. Go play it now. Open a youtube tab and refresh your memory.

Now listen to the lyrics again, but think to yourself, "This song is about rape."

Creepy AF hey?
It has been mentioned many times that "Every breath you take" by The Police is creepy AF. But now go listen to "Happy Together" by The Turtles, but imagine it from the viewpoint of a stalker.