Post your most profound thoughts of the day

saor

Honorary Master
What most characterizes the modern era, going back four centuries, is that the responsibility for meaning and for the conduct of one’s life has progressively shifted from tribal mythology and sacred institutions to the shoulders of the individual.
-James Hollice

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Saving half the government wage bill (R582bn 2019) would free up enough money to zero rate corporate taxes (R212bn 2019), make all tertiary education free, and create a huge fund to provide new businesses with low interest loans.

saor

Honorary Master
Harder than it sounds
I enjoyed the 2nd chapter 'The Mechanism of Letting Go", in Letting Go. I like how literally he describes the process in a way that makes it easier to approach as a straightforward thing. Because the kinda fearful thoughts I have, the ruminating etc. - these are wriggly & never-ending and holyshit its easy to slip back into them without even knowing it. Being hard is probably how this rolls: We're going against the grain of our automaticity over eons to become beings who choose. Well, it feels like we have a choice.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yeah sex is cool, but have you ever stuck a feather in your hat and called it "macaroni"?

Opinions are like assholes, but I'm not here to eat your opinion.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
1. People are stupid.
2. People in govt are doubly stupid.
3. People who are govt ministers in SA are rabidly stupid.
People following the instructions of stupid people are even more stupid than them.

saturnz

Honorary Master
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” ― Upton Sinclair

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
When is myBB going to stop flooding the forum with duplicate articles?