Postnet wants to close my account because I complained...

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
I also cancel the services of some clients. Its very rare, but if someone sends me an email full of swearing, is very rude or aggressive then I cancel their services with us. I kinda believe that if you cant be civil then my company is not the place for you to do business.
Agreed - the difference is that all conversations with them have been above par, without emotions or any sort of insult. They did have a gripe with me since last year when I opened a case with the police as 3 registered letters disappeared and subsequently R 48,000 got withdrawn from an overseas bank-account. In that case it was really the overseas bank's fault to not courier the cheque-card or at least block the account until I confirmed receipt, but the investigating officer visited both Bryanston Postoffice and Broadacres Postnet in their investigation (this seriously upset the branch-manager then).

Anycase, I learned over the weekend that even without the CPA in effect one can contact DTI, NCF, Consumer Affairs Court, SANCU and very surprising as I did not know this also ICASA.

Tks D3x for the Fourways Review - I will keep this in mind and will see what headoffice has to say about it.

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
A lot of time I find myself not complaining for revenge, but rather in order to give constructive criticism. From your posts thus far it seems you were trying to do the same (ie pointing out the lack of manifests, management's poor PR etc.)

However, it seems you have done all you could. They've decided to not head your criticism. Get a box from somewhere else and start redirecting your parcels/mail there.

And if you have a case, report it to SAPS again.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Quite surprised: DTI (http://www.dti.gov.za) and ICASA responded quite quickly. Received formal response from Postnet HQ that the termination has been withdrawn (doesn't really fix the issue of stuff going missing, but addresses the business ethics).

Zilla

I just have a total different experience, very good service, check box by email/phone, sign package for me etc etc, maybe you just caught by a wrong branch.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
In light of your experiences with them, why would you want to keep the account open?
it really does not matter which Postnet I choose, they are pretty much the same (low) standard in the Fourways area. The closest Post Office is Bryanston (20 minute drive vs 2 minutes to Postnet). Parcels still get stolen, even if delivered straight to Bryanston, so it makes no difference switching Postnets or Postoffices (had the same at Northgate before).