Power bank teardown

RayFre

Is it just me or does the "solar panel" on the SOLOR power bank look more like a LED Array for emergency lighting?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Is it just me or does the "solar panel" on the SOLOR power bank look more like a LED Array for emergency lighting?

I think it is a LED light (mentioned in the features), and there is another panel not shown clearly that is the solar, need a better photographer it seems,.

bef0k

Incorrect device mAh ratings are a fraud perpetrated on the unsuspecting public. Plain and simple.

chrisc

Executive Member
I’ve dismantled some 4Tb SSDs sold on several Chinese websites, incl alibaba.com. Can post pics, but it’s basically 2 x 2Tb USB drives soldered neatly to a board and placed into an N.2 external case and what says is a USB 3.1 to USB-C cable

They appear to work on it and I copied 80Gb of music albums. A bit slow, it managed 5 mb/sec. So nowhere near USB 3.1

A very serious problem came accessing the folders. All the folders were there, but none had any content. Looking at drive properties got an error. Chkdsk /f got hundreds of errors

I got the impression that there was a very tiny buffer on the device, since it frequently showed 0 bytes speed