poweralert stage 2.....

The
Sigh ol' Chris Yelland... This was the maintenance being done around the 12th of February 2023 with the amount of unplanned
Breakdowns currently amount to 16 920MW of generating capacity while 5 759MW of generating capacity is out of service for planned maintenance
Here is 12th February 2024
Unplanned outages have reduced to 14 579MW of generating capacity, while the capacity out of service for planned maintenance is at 7 316MW.
Total outages for 2023 timeline 22679, total for 2024 21895. Now I know he's a well know Energy Expert, but I mean lets take a look at the entire EAF for February 2023
1708672656654.png
So the total was 52.7% with dismal maintenance being done, vs 2024
1708672726106.png
Up to yesterday, so yes it's 0.6% lower,maintenance is 6.5% higher. So Eskom is doing this to themselves, they literally could've started winding down the "maintenance" unless they can't.
But you'd think Yelland would give a full picture on why the EAF is lower, instead of just the it's lower. But I'm blocked by him so can't really see anything he tweets.
NVM he's unblocked me :)

More planned maintenance is obviously a good thing if it improves reliability in the long run, but it is slightly concerning to see those reports that the figures have been inflated by repeated delays in returning units to service after planned maintenance recently.

I guess we'll find out how effective this maintenance has been as we head into the higher demand months and planned is wound down, whether the fleet is more reliable than last year. Although perhaps we're at a point where just arresting the long-term decline in reliability is the most they can manage. Not feeling too optimistic tbh.

We just need to get Jacob Zuma back as president....

'I totally ended load shedding,' claims Zuma​

Well to be fair he did; for roughly two years. Ran everything full tilt and did no maintenance.

Totally not paying the price for that now…

A few days after the "outlier" of multiple units going down in a short period of time... another outlier. Anyway, I guess the media reports prompted them to put out a few details.

The Eskom press release is a very 'watered down' (pun intended) version of the truth. At least it's only temporary downtime (unlike the generator hydrogen explosion), but the same levels of negligent incompetence...

Well to be fair he did; for roughly two years. Ran everything full tilt and did no maintenance.

Totally not paying the price for that now…
Lies.. That is totally a lie and you know it.

Jacob was the bestestest and koko and molefe was great appointments.

Back