Powerball and Lotto

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I watched the "live" draw on Friday and instead of doing the draw in the studio like they used to, what they show is a CG animation of the lotto/powerball machines.

How are we supposed to then know if actual machines are used and this is not rigged? Because an animated draw is certainly not live.

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
I watched the "live" draw on Friday and instead of doing the draw in the studio like they used to, instead what they watch show is a CG animation of the lotto/powerball machines.

How are we supposed to then know if actual machines are used and this is not rigged? Because an animated draw is certainly not live.
Probably rigged, i have never heard of anyone winning. Yes we read about it but who has actually met someone that has won the lotto? :unsure:
Still doesn't stop me buying tickets every week

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
I watched the "live" draw on Friday and instead of doing the draw in the studio like they used to, instead what they watch show is a CG animation of the lotto/powerball machines.

Independently audited by KPMG and McKinsey.

schuits

Expert Member
Probably rigged, i have never heard of anyone winning. Yes we read about it but who has actually met someone that has won the lotto? :unsure:
Still doesn't stop me buying tickets every week
Hey I just won big time! R75!

• Wow
Reactions: McT

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I know someone who knows someone who won R25 mil. So it isn't rigged (at least every draw isn't.)

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
I know someone who knows someone who won R25 mil. So it isn't rigged (at least every draw isn't.)
i also know someone that knows someone that won R4mill many years ago. But it irritates me that i don't know someone that has won. Get what im saying?

eg2505

Honorary Master
possible to win, but infinitesimal small chance of that happening, know of people that spend thousands and don't win a cent back.

myself, if the luck were to strike, it has just as much of a chance on a R20 quick-pick than a 1000's tickets

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
i also know someone that knows someone that won R4mill many years ago. But it irritates me that i don't know someone that has won. Get what im saying?
Possibly cos your direct mates are smart enough not to admit to winning, I know I wouldn't... my life would get slightly better but most of the cash would be invested and not splurged on luxuries.

theratman

Executive Member
It's not rigged as far as I know. You just have a very slim chance at winning. I know a few folk who've won some decent cash, I don't really touch it myself though.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
Possibly cos your direct mates are smart enough not to admit to winning, I know I wouldn't... my life would get slightly better but most of the cash would be invested and not splurged on luxuries.
haha then said mates are an ******* to themselves for carrying on working. They would of traded their 42yr old wives in for 2x21yr old ones by now

MEIOT

Expert Member
Somebody won like 53mil on the last one apparently - lucky lucky bugger :oops:

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot

Why on earth would they do that?

Quad

A good few years ago I was at a friend's birthday braai. Was standing around the braai chatting to another of his mates I had not met before. He was a good few years younger than me. We hit it off and of course the conversation moved to cars. There was a new Ford ST parked outside and i made the comment how nice it was. Turns out it belonged to this chap. I asked him what he did for a living and he said that he came into some money so has some investments he looks after and a few businesses that he has put money into where he divides his time. I asked if inheritance and he replied that he won R15M on the lotto.

He bought a Focus ST cash, invested the rest and stopped working. Would love to know what happened to him as he seemed very level headed and I have lost touch with the mutual c*ntfriend.