Powerball and Lotto

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Please send us some examples, interesting to see what you are complaining about.

Remember, the numbers are random and not always "spread" over the full range. Take some of tonight's numbers for example
Lotto Plus 2 … 9, 10, 12, 13, 22, 42 and 5
Lotto Plus 1 … 20, 26, 35, 43, 44, 46 and 34
So, e.g. I will buy 4 lines. Some of the same numbers get picked in multiple lines.

I just don't like it - I prefer a spread to catch at least some numbers from the draw.

Reactions: Shi

GreyBush

Executive Member
I usually buy a multi draw ticket at the beginning of the month, Absa app doesn’t seem to handle this well though... so if I go to the latest lotto draw, I open it up and it shows I have an active ticket, I tap it and in my mind it should compare my ticket to the draw I was just in, but it shows the first draw the ticket is viable for.. you then have to change it to the latest... this is ok I guess but the problem I’m having is the powerball doesn’t show any numbers for any draw past the first one the ticket is viable for... so I’m wondering if the app is even checking results for the other draws. Can someone please check on their app.. I’m on iOS

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I usually buy a multi draw ticket at the beginning of the month, Absa app doesn’t seem to handle this well though... so if I go to the latest lotto draw, I open it up and it shows I have an active ticket, I tap it and in my mind it should compare my ticket to the draw I was just in, but it shows the first draw the ticket is viable for.. you then have to change it to the latest... this is ok I guess but the problem I’m having is the powerball doesn’t show any numbers for any draw past the first one the ticket is viable for... so I’m wondering if the app is even checking results for the other draws. Can someone please check on their app.. I’m on iOS
Your first point is valid but I don't have the same as your last. Android though.

R13...

Honorary Master
Can anyone confirm that white people actually win the Lotto/Powerball sometimes?
How does the machine know the race of the person buying the ticket? If you're so paranoid, perhaps get a black or whatever colour person your tinfoil hat tells you will win to buy the ticket for you.

How does the machine know the race of the person buying the ticket? If you're so paranoid, perhaps get a black or whatever colour person your tinfoil hat tells you will win to buy the ticket for you.
If you buy a ticket through FNB for example I assume they have access to not only your name but a whole lot of other details too. Since this country practices BEE and Land Expropriation etc. this is a pretty reasonable question. Oh unless of course you think the Lotto is 100% honest and not rigged.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
If you buy a ticket through FNB for example I assume they have access to not only your name but a whole lot of other details too. Since this country practices BEE and Land Expropriation etc. this is a pretty reasonable question. Oh unless of course you think the Lotto is 100% honest and not rigged.
The lotto in EVERY country is rigged boet.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Can anyone confirm that white people actually win the Lotto/Powerball sometimes?
Balance of probability and all that in this country would lead to more black people winning than white... And yes white people have won it before...

As for the fnb thing, yes fnb knows those details... I'd be very surprised if they get sent through to the lotto guys.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
You know what white people are like. They win and stay anonymous cause they don’t wanna share.
Lol, if I won the lotto, I've keep quiet, lower my bond to minimal, fix all the crap I need to in my home and possibly leave my job depending on my annoyance level, go into consulting if I wanted to keep busy otherwise spend the rest of my life watching my kids grow up and the wife and I living life.

Don't need fancy cars or houses, easily beyond that, time is more precious. Would just tell everyone in working from home now remotely.

3WA

Executive Member
Lol, if I won the lotto, I've keep quiet, lower my bond to minimal, fix all the crap I need to in my home and possibly leave my job depending on my annoyance level, go into consulting if I wanted to keep busy otherwise spend the rest of my life watching my kids grow up and the wife and I living life.

Don't need fancy cars or houses, easily beyond that, time is more precious. Would just tell everyone in working from home now remotely.
Yeah, if I won R30m, I'd also keep quiet, but I'd probably tell close family, and give them a once-off payment.

But if I won one of those biiig jackpots (R100m to R200m), then I'd go public because R100m is ****-you money.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

Roughly the same minus the wife and kids... And I might buy a vaguely nice car for my own enjoyment

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Yeah, if I won R30m, I'd also keep quiet, but I'd probably tell close family, and give them a once-off payment.

But if I won one of those biiig jackpots (R100m to R200m), then I'd go public because R100m is ****-you money.
Nah, I'd still be quiet. Having more money is keeping score in a game I'd have no interest in.

3WA

Executive Member
Nah, I'd still be quiet. Having more money is keeping score in a game I'd have no interest in.
For me, the appeal would be becoming a minor public figure, pretending I'm really good with money, while everyone who comes to hear me speak is thinking “Hang on, isn’t he only famous and rich due to blind luck?”