Powerball and Lotto

krycor

Honorary Master
Yeah, if I won R30m, I'd also keep quiet, but I'd probably tell close family, and give them a once-off payment.

But if I won one of those biiig jackpots (R100m to R200m), then I'd go public because R100m is ****-you money.
Agree with the **** you money part.. 40m enough to never worry about retirement savings, 80m is retire immediately and enjoy the time you have left.. 120+m is starting to live it up while money makes money.. he’ll u can but pretty successful companies with 40m (not that u would want). 200+m you can live 3-6m in each part of the country and enjoy things about this country most people don’t know exists.

R13...

Honorary Master
The way lotto works it doesn't need to be rigged
There is a case in the US or somewhere where they arrested an employing for fixing it in his favour. Think he won twice before they caught him. So at the very least it is possible to cheat it somehow.

scudsucker

Executive Member
An interesting story about how a guy worked the lotto:

tl/dr: programmer inserts subtle bug in random number software and profits

FiestaST

Honorary Master
It probably helps suck in more suckers when they publicise how it looks like any ordinary person can win.
Most wins are by people who spends lots more.
Yes, an average Joe. An average Joe of colour only, according to some people.

Pegasus

Expert Member
My luck has been so kuk, I haven't won the euro millions lottery in weeks.

3WA

Executive Member
So is Powerball and Lotto an essential service? Worth buying tickets during the lockdown?