Praesidium global investment fund

Investor37

Hey Icecoder, Please listen to your gut feeling!!!!!
I have inside information about this Company and their modus operandi and all their associated entities. I just cannot share the info on a public plartform.
But really, pleeeeease, pleeeeeeeeeeease do not be duped by fancy talk and greed, YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY.
Again, Listen to your gut. Should you wish for more clarity/information, pm me. I have inside information.
Please can you let me know more about your inside info as I was interested in investing but have not yet.

Verde

Expert Member
According to their newsletter here they post a 3 % growth monthly over the last 4 years. Never had a bad month ?
Oh wow Praesidium will solve the Eskom debt problems for us. Someone let government know asap.

“Eskom has about R419 billion of debt, of which R260 billion is guaranteed by the government, a potential liability cited by rating companies as a credit negative for the sovereign.” https://businesstech.co.za/news/energy/297398/investors-are-piling-cash-into-eskom-bonds-heres-why/

Government can simply deposit R1 billion with Praesidium (that is like 0.02% of GDP or 0.4% of Eskom’s government guaranteed debt – that’s like nothing in context).

At 3% per month it will only take +- 15 years for that billion to grow to the 260 billion needed to pay for government’s exposure to Eskom. Surely the ratings agencies would have no reason to worry about SA’s debt to GDP ratios after learning about this brilliant plan.

Anyone who thinks that an investment with Praesidium is not massive high risk (ie. very good chance you can lose 100% of your capital overnight) is very gullible and should probably not make any investment decisions more complex than opening a bank account until they invested time to educate themselves.

8BitLife

Don't know anything about these guys, but I do work in the stockbroking/asset management field and I have NEVER seen someone who is able to give those kind of returns. Not gonna make any accusations without cold, hard facts, but this seems very dodgy to me. If they were really that good they would be all over the news and getting awards left, right and center. They would be employed by the biggest banks in the world and only take money from institutional investors. Just my 2 cents.

Investor37

Okay so i see people running this down but no facts yet I have asked Leodas for his so called inside info and received no feedback. So just sounds like alot of people on this site have no experience regarding FX trading if you do please can we get some real facts.

Last edited:

Investor37

I have inside information about this Company and their modus operandi and all their associated entities. I just cannot share the info on a public plartform.
But really, pleeeeease, pleeeeeeeeeeease do not be duped by fancy talk and greed, YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY.
Again, Listen to your gut. Should you wish for more clarity/information, pm me. I have inside information.
I have also just make contact with the Financial board and yes the company is registered and there FSP number is 4352 so I am really not sure where you are getting your information.

investor888

hey leodas
if you have such information you should be reporting it to the FSB not posting about it on social media. please do that.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
You know what makes this seem even more dodgy? All these newly created 'investor' accounts and their first posts are criticism of those calling out the dodginess of this investment. That is pretty standard behaviour by scammers.
Yeah, nothing screams scam (*cough*surtie*cough*bitconnect*cough*) like new accounts just joining to support the one thing.

investor888

You know what makes this seem even more dodgy? All these newly created 'investor' accounts and their first posts are criticism of those calling out the dodginess of this investment. That is pretty standard behaviour by scammers.
i assume i be one you refer to. first i have nothing to do with praesidium other than i am small investor so actually have an exposure. second i wasn't critical - just suggest that keyboard warrior becomes a real warrior if they have all this evidence. as an investor albeit small i'd also like to know!!

8BitLife

i assume i be one you refer to. first i have nothing to do with praesidium other than i am small investor so actually have an exposure. second i wasn't critical - just suggest that keyboard warrior becomes a real warrior if they have all this evidence. as an investor albeit small i'd also like to know!!
Ya sure you don't. But ok, here are the facts. I have been involved in the securities markets and investing for over 5 years. In those 5 years, every forex trader/investment has ALWAYS turned out to be a scam. Every. Single. Time. Second, as I mentioned in my first reply to this post, if these guys have been doing 3% per month for 4 years, why are they so obscure? Why have we never heard of them before? Why are they not all over the news? Why are they not working for Goldman Sachs investing money for billionaires? Getting 3% per month, or 36% per annum (I am assuming it is averaged 3% per month), is the best performance I have EVER seen a fund do. I mean, come on Warren Buffet you noob, step aside for these guys.

We can also very easily do the maths to prove the ridiculousness of these claims. Let's take an investment of R100,000. After 5 years that R100,000 would have turned into R465,258 at the 3% per month growth. That is a MASSIVE 365% return in just 5 years!!!!

Honestly, ladies and gentleman, what are we doing here? We should all just go to the nearest bank and take out as big of a loan as possible then give it to these guys. With those kind of returns they will make the whole lot of us MULTI-MILLIONAIRES in no time!!!!

Just got this saying stuck in my head, though. That whole thing of if it sounds too good to be true....

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Go to www.fsca.co.za -> Regulated Entities -> List of Regulated Entities and Persons -> FAIS -> Search Praesidium

You will find everything including the names of the Representatives, Key Individuals, Compliance officers etc. As for the 3-4% per month...any FX trader that can average that over a 4-year period will not be sitting in a small fund such as Praesidium...Blackrock/Goldmans etc will scoop them quicker than you can say 'investment'

Retiree

I'm looking at investing with Praesidium and understand the risks involved from an investment volatility perspective, but would appreciate any input regarding the regulatory/legal risk i.t.o. what protections are afforded to investors in SA before I give them any of my hard earned savings. Taking a look on the FSCA website, Praesidium Advisory Services (Pty) Ltd are indeed registered and regulated (FSP 4352), and the address given in Hammets Crossing Office Park reflects the same as that of Praesidium Global/Wealth on www.pdmwealth.com. However, Praesidium Advisory and Praesidium Global/Wealth appear to be completely separately registered entities that do not seem to have any representative, key individual or compliance officer in common, which seems a bit odd. The question is: where does the Praesidium "buck stop" should anything go "wrong" with one of their investments? Does Praesidium Advisory, or any other SA-regulated company accept any liability locally, or would I have to take issue with one of their offshore offices instead, without the assistance of any local regulator or ombudsman?

JayM

Expert Member
I'm looking at investing with Praesidium and understand the risks involved from an investment volatility perspective, but would appreciate any input regarding the regulatory/legal risk i.t.o. what protections are afforded to investors in SA before I give them any of my hard earned savings. Taking a look on the FSCA website, Praesidium Advisory Services (Pty) Ltd are indeed registered and regulated (FSP 4352), and the address given in Hammets Crossing Office Park reflects the same as that of Praesidium Global/Wealth on www.pdmwealth.com. However, Praesidium Advisory and Praesidium Global/Wealth appear to be completely separately registered entities that do not seem to have any representative, key individual or compliance officer in common, which seems a bit odd. The question is: where does the Praesidium "buck stop" should anything go "wrong" with one of their investments? Does Praesidium Advisory, or any other SA-regulated company accept any liability locally, or would I have to take issue with one of their offshore offices instead, without the assistance of any local regulator or ombudsman?
There are no protections offered to investors. When the ponzi scheme crashes, you will lose your money, with no recourse.

smc

While "PRAESIDIUM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT (PTY) LTD" and "PRAESIDIUM ADVISORY SERVICES (PTY) LTD" are FAIS registered for advisory and intermediary services for some financial products, there is no registration for "Praesidium Global". So any investor placing money via "Praesidium Global" would not even have the (minimal) FAIS protections.

8BitLife

Even if they are regulated, be careful. Stringfellow was licensed and regulated and the guy swindled his clients out of (edit: hundreds of) millions. The claims made by these FX guys are ridiculous. It has scam written all over it.

Wary GOM

Please can you let me know more about your inside info as I was interested in investing but have not yet.
I am new to this forum so might have missed posts. Like Retiree, I have been looking for investment opportunities and heard about Praesidium from people who are not yet invested (perhaps a new wrinkle on drumming up business?) so am now trying to delve a bit further into Praesdiuim's claims. First, and obviously, I would like to know at least something of the nature of your inside information even if not the details.

A couple of general questions to any member of the forum: Does anyone personally know someone who invested with Praesidium? If so, for how long and have they tried to redeem their capital? [Early investors received payments from Berni Maddoff for quite some time until the inevitable happened.]. Even more importantly, does anyone have information on investor numbers over time?

icecoder

I am new to this forum so might have missed posts. Like Retiree, I have been looking for investment opportunities and heard about Praesidium from people who are not yet invested (perhaps a new wrinkle on drumming up business?) so am now trying to delve a bit further into Praesdiuim's claims. First, and obviously, I would like to know at least something of the nature of your inside information even if not the details.

A couple of general questions to any member of the forum: Does anyone personally know someone who invested with Praesidium? If so, for how long and have they tried to redeem their capital? [Early investors received payments from Berni Maddoff for quite some time until the inevitable happened.]. Even more importantly, does anyone have information on investor numbers over time?
From the knowledge i have gathered and recieved its a ponzi scheme and you will loose your money.