Praesidium global investment fund

Wary GOM

As with any investment, spend the time doing homework (due diligence). The first pages that come up when you Google to company or personnel really don't tell you much, so search as thoroughly as you can. Since this company is promising returns that could only be made by tremendous trading ability, effort and slick software, the key people must have solid credentials as forex traders. So check this out too. As someone else mentioned, the forex trading arm of Praesiduim is not FAIS registered (yet), so you have no recourse IF things go sour.

petersena

As with any investment, spend the time doing homework (due diligence). The first pages that come up when you Google to company or personnel really don't tell you much, so search as thoroughly as you can. Since this company is promising returns that could only be made by tremendous trading ability, effort and slick software, the key people must have solid credentials as forex traders. So check this out too. As someone else mentioned, the forex trading arm of Praesiduim is not FAIS registered (yet), so you have no recourse IF things go sour.
Looking back at some of the comments it is true 3% well not heard of. I am a full time trader and some months achieve up to 6% return, trading forex as well as binary. You just have to go to myfxbook to see what some of the guys are achieving out there and yes there are huge losses as well. I have a small investment with these guys so far so good, but forex is high risk at then end of the day so u take your chances.

JayM

Expert Member
Looking back at some of the comments it is true 3% well not heard of. I am a full time trader and some months achieve up to 6% return, trading forex as well as binary. You just have to go to myfxbook to see what some of the guys are achieving out there and yes there are huge losses as well. I have a small investment with these guys so far so good, but forex is high risk at then end of the day so u take your chances.
The suspicious thing is that they achieve positive returns just about every single month. I stand by what I said - this looks like a Ponzi scheme.

8BitLife

The suspicious thing is that they achieve positive returns just about every single month. I stand by what I said - this looks like a Ponzi scheme.
I am with you on this one. If they are so great at this, why are they not raking in billions of rands from the investment banks and instead trying to get the average Joe on the street to invest? Because the investment banks know these claims are a load of BS and something fishy is going on.

Last edited:

Eti1

Expert Member
I am with you on this one. If they are so great at this, why are they not raking in billions of rands from the investment banks and instead trying to get the average Joe on the street to invest? Because the investment banks know these claims are a load of BS and something fishy is going on.
Lol isn't it minimum 10K dollars investment? Hardly targeting average Joe on the street.

Investment banks are involved in the fx derivatives market, they have their own traders. Better question would be if these guys are so great, why don't they work for the big banks?

Still not convinced that it is a Ponzi simply on the basis that "it must be".

8BitLife

Lol isn't it minimum 10K dollars investment? Hardly targeting average Joe on the street.

Investment banks are involved in the fx derivatives market, they have their own traders. Better question would be if these guys are so great, why don't they work for the big banks?

Still not convinced that it is a Ponzi simply on the basis that "it must be".
Uhhh...$10k is hardly a fortune. Might be a lot of money but it doesn't make you a 1 percenter or even a top 10 percenter. So yeah, very much aimed at the average Joe on the street. This is just an attempt to fleece said average Joe out of their savings. Most likely people in their late 40s and older who will easily have that kind of cash lying around in an emergency cash/savings account.

Do you really want to sit there and tell me if a bank finds an independent company that trades fx better than their own traders they won't give them any funds because 'they have their own traders'? I mean, really?

And yes, it is a ponzi scheme. Not because 'it must be' but just because 'it is'. 3% a month? Surely you are not that naive.

8BitLife

This set-up is not unique. There are a number of organizations out there that offer this type of investment where your personal Forex assets are managed. I trade full time and often come across regulated companies that offer this all the time. Some of these guys can achieve up to 10 to 20% a month so they only happy to pay the average Joe his 3% and keep the balance for themselves (they not risking their assets). The risks are very high if the draw downs are not managed. I understand that this company is now licensed and regulated entity and yes if this is legit great!
Some of the larger guys run Algo’s or EA driven, they in and out of the trades within seconds making huge amounts of money, the days are gone where traders are expected to be sitting behind computers looking for great entries.
Some of these guys can achieve up to 10 to 20% a month? Consistently? Gtfo with that bs. Sure, some jobbers can achieve 20% in a month. But I will bet top dollar that those same jobbers get -20% more often than they get +20%.

Anyway, I think it is very interesting how you have been on this forum for over 2 years yet only now suddenly start posting in an attempt to convince people that 3% a month is very doable. I am gonna go ahead and safely assume you are associated with Praesidium or some other group of guys trying to pull the same Ponzi stunt.

petersena

Some of these guys can achieve up to 10 to 20% a month? Consistently? Gtfo with that bs. Sure, some jobbers can achieve 20% in a month. But I will bet top dollar that those same jobbers get -20% more often than they get +20%.

Anyway, I think it is very interesting how you have been on this forum for over 2 years yet only now suddenly start posting in an attempt to convince people that 3% a month is very doable. I am gonna go ahead and safely assume you are associated with Praesidium or some other group of guys trying to pull the same Ponzi stunt.
At the end of the day we all have our opinions there is no point debating this further u seem to know your way around the Financial/Forex sector and what can be achieved all the best to u.

8BitLife

At the end of the day we all have our opinions there is no point debating this further u seem to know your way around the Financial/Forex sector and what can be achieved all the best to u.
I work on the treasury desk at a stockbroking firm, so yeah, I do know the sector and what can be achieved. I also know the 'I will trade forex for you' guys are ALWAYS scammers.

Why did you delete your post on which I commented? That doesn't seem dodge at all.

petersena

I work on the treasury desk at a stockbroking firm, so yeah, I do know the sector and what can be achieved. I also know the 'I will trade forex for you' guys are ALWAYS scammers.

Why did you delete your post on which I commented? That doesn't seem dodge at all.
Like I said I can see you know your way around the Financial Sector all the best to you. Maybe u can give us all some direction maybe on the investment side? As for the post can we ask Admin to put this up again.

Long Term Client

Don't know anything about these guys, but I do work in the stockbroking/asset management field and I have NEVER seen someone who is able to give those kind of returns. Not gonna make any accusations without cold, hard facts, but this seems very dodgy to me. If they were really that good they would be all over the news and getting awards left, right and center. They would be employed by the biggest banks in the world and only take money from institutional investors. Just my 2 cents.
Maybe a meeting to clear up some of your concerns would be a good idea. Happy to arrange

Long Term Client

Does anyone have any information about this company ?
According to their newsletter here they post a 3 % growth monthly over the last 4 years. Never had a bad month ? Obviously sounds too good to be true, however someone close to me just invested a lot of money in this company and I don't have any proof that is a Ponzi scheme or a scam, but my gut feeling tells me it is?
Happy to set up a meeting for you to find out more

8BitLife

Ahh yes, a one post wonder to save the day. Looks legit. :ROFL:
I know right. They got called out on these 'Investor' accounts then thought they would trick us by changing it to 'Long term client'. These okes are too stupid to run this scam.

DrPhil_SA

I have to add my bit... I was told about Praesidium by a personal friend of mine who is a broker for them about 3 years ago. Around the same another friend of mine was trying to convince me to invest in something strange called Bitcoins... right!! I had no idea how it worked so I stayed clear. Also having lost over R100k previously with a binary options trading scam company I was extremely wary of anything that seems "too good to be true".
At the same time a mutual friend of mine (and the broker) took a loan for R150k, which he gave to Praesidium to invest. Two years later he withdrew R190k, thereby paying off the loan and still leaving a substantial investment with Praesidium which he adds to on a monthly basis and it continues to grow.
There is something here that the "haters" are missing. I am about to invest with them and despite the banshee-like wailing of my regular broker who keeps telling me tales of woe and misery about people losing money in ponzi schemes etc., I'm going to take action and see what happens. Consider this - If I had invested that 100k 3 years ago in Praesidium it would be worth R265,233.
Minimum investment is now R50k and I believe they are going to lower that soon. Only way to find out for real is to get involved.

Foben

I have to add my bit... I was told about Praesidium by a personal friend of mine who is a broker for them about 3 years ago. Around the same another friend of mine was trying to convince me to invest in something strange called Bitcoins... right!! I had no idea how it worked so I stayed clear. Also having lost over R100k previously with a binary options trading scam company I was extremely wary of anything that seems "too good to be true".
At the same time a mutual friend of mine (and the broker) took a loan for R150k, which he gave to Praesidium to invest. Two years later he withdrew R190k, thereby paying off the loan and still leaving a substantial investment with Praesidium which he adds to on a monthly basis and it continues to grow.
There is something here that the "haters" are missing. I am about to invest with them and despite the banshee-like wailing of my regular broker who keeps telling me tales of woe and misery about people losing money in ponzi schemes etc., I'm going to take action and see what happens. Consider this - If I had invested that 100k 3 years ago in Praesidium it would be worth R265,233.
Minimum investment is now R50k and I believe they are going to lower that soon. Only way to find out for real is to get involved.
Perhaps, but something isn't right. These guys are either extremely lucky or they are one of the best forex traders in the world. They should be winning multiple awards and be based on Wall st. Instead they have a handful of employees operating from old building near Kya Sands.
I've never heard of such good returns. Not to say it's not possible, but it doesn't smell right. If it was that easy to make money there would be no point in working for a living.
I'm out for a small profit- but I wish you well...

8BitLife

I have read your post...and I judge it as top-notch bullsh*t. Thank you for trying, though. Your effort is appreciated.

P.S. When your managed fund does well, you up the minimum. You only lower it cause it is crap and nobody wants to invest real money in it. The fact that they are lowering their minimums is an indication that people are not buying their ponzi lies and are not willing to put money in.

DrPhil_SA

Perhaps, but something isn't right. These guys are either extremely lucky or they are one of the best forex traders in the world. They should be winning multiple awards and be based on Wall st. Instead they have a handful of employees operating from old building near Kya Sands.
I've never heard of such good returns. Not to say it's not possible, but it doesn't smell right. If it was that easy to make money there would be no point in working for a living.
I'm out for a small profit- but I wish you well...
What if that's just it? - They are very clever and have been operating a system with smart people and clever software that has performed consistently well (and paid out consistently) for over 10 years. Surely someone by now would have ranted and raved about having lost a fortune with Praesidium and declared them to be ruthless scammers on the toilet wall of the world - the internet!
Their offices are in Hammets Crossing - a respectable and "not so old" building near Fourways.
It is possible and I know people who are doing it - like I said, the only way to find out for yourself instead of hypothesizing and speculating on the negative is to dive in and try it. Make an investment for 6 months, see if it matches the claimed returns and withdraw your winnings... If not, then you come back on the forum and BLAST this hocus pocus out the water with great factual evidence of the deceit.
I will definitely be back here to report my personal experience - for better or worse.