Prasa contracted security worth R248 million in July riots — but now won't pay up

wingnut771

Honorary Master
**** me sideways!

R248m for 20 days. That's R12.4m per day. 5000 security guards, almost R3000 per day for each security guard.

Anyways, I doubt any of the looters in July were stealing railway tracks.

Why government don't bring back the railway police I don't know.

mojoman

Expert Member
**** me sideways!

R248m for 20 days. That's R12.4m per day. 5000 security guards, almost R3000 per day for each security guard.

Anyways, I doubt any of the looters in July were stealing railway tracks.

Why government don't bring back the railway police I don't know.
I thought the infrastructure was decimated back in 2020 anyway.... :laugh:
Or were they coming back for the hard core stone the rails rest on....?

epah

Expert Member
Who approved those qoutes? thats a lot of money for 20 days worth of "work".

NoLuck Chuck

Red Ant Security, which was awarded R241 million in contracts, is taking Prasa to court because it has only received R10 million.
“They gave quotations to Prasa and those quotations were accepted,” said Red Ant Security’s lawyer Jan Allen.

Yeah, Red Ants, think you just exposed yourself:rolleyes:

One company gets contract for R7.6m, the other gets contract for R241m. See the problem there?:unsure:

Reactions: Swa

John Tempus

Executive Member
R241 million for 20 day security work. Sign me up.

Did this security company mobilize the entire unemployed sector for the 20 days in question ? Fantastic employment boost, VIVA !!!

I think our issue with extraordinary quotes being approved is likely to do with officials unable to do basic math or understand the 0's behind a number adds extra value to the total number. If our ex president couldn't even complete numbers then I am certain management in these places is as useless if not more.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
R241 million for 20 day security work. Sign me up.

Did this security company mobilize the entire unemployed sector for the 20 days in question ? Fantastic employment boost, VIVA !!!

I think our issue with extraordinary quotes being approved is likely to do with officials unable to do basic math or understand the 0's behind a number adds extra value to the total number. If our ex president couldn't even complete numbers then I am certain management in these places is as useless if not more.
Including our education minster:

grok

Honorary Master
Since we're measuring corruption on the Nkandla scale now, this amount is exactly 1 Zupta on the Zuma scale.

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
Red Ant Security, which was awarded R241 million in contracts, is taking Prasa to court because it has only received R10 million.
“They gave quotations to Prasa and those quotations were accepted,” said Red Ant Security’s lawyer Jan Allen.

One company gets contract for R7.6m, the other gets contract for R241m. See the problem there?:unsure:
Basically -

The Sunday Times also reported that IPTS Security had 300 security guards on contract. Since Prasa claimed it had procured 5,500 security personnel, this would mean that Red Ant Security provided the other 5,200.

The problem with this is that the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority only has 1,620 security officers registered to Red Ant Security.

Red Ant COO Fuzile Balintulo declined to provide detailed information about the invoice.

Sounds and smells like fishy business...

hj007

Expert Member

doesn't really matter, they only got paid R10m, so it's all fine again.

Lack of payment by customer on a contract at hugely inflated prices to guard infrastructure that has already been stolen. This couldn't be a more pathetic set of circumstances if you made them up.

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
Who in their right mind does business with this government without an insider these days?