Prepaid data pricing: How good is 8ta’s deal really?

tsume

The Pervy Sage
That is it. I'm done with buying my last Vodacom data bundle as of tonight.
Vodacom has about 2 weeks to respond to this or I'm gone. None of this soon crap, we've been asking for lower data bundles for a long time now.
Time to let my money do the talking on another service provider.

Sies man Vodacom, getting beaten by a Telkom owned company.

I've got 2 extras 3G modems lying around, do I need to take those to 8ta to install 8ta service or can I download the firmware?

Jola

Honorary Master
I have been able to use all of my old modems on 8ta without updating the firmware.

Yuu

Executive Member
@ tsume, you can grab the files from 8ta's site though i am not sure of the process to follow flashing but good luck :)

LeonP

Good deal IF YOU HAVE COVERAGE. Guess there are those who will say it is 'unsustainable'. :)

Although it is a promotion. It might be a premonition.

msm

Vodacom has about 2 weeks to respond to this or I'm gone.

World peace will happen sooner than VC's reaction to market related pricing ...

Beri

Expert Member
there are so many domkoppe that will stay with Vodacom and MTN. well done 8ta

Mbuzi

Expert Member
I'm currently living on the Cell C R50 recharge promo and I haven't bought Vodacom's bundles in two months. I will be getting the 8.ta deal. Fortunately I am not tied to any network, all data I use prepaid and swoop in on the cheapest at that moment. I got all network sims on prepaid and if Vodacom can beat 8.ta's promo which I doubt I will jump to them.

vmaswana@gmail.com

8ta has been having good promotional packages. Does anyone know if on the 10GB contract option, you can opt out before the 24 months is up if you want?

superskully

Expert Member
Problem with the domkoppes is COVERAGE.
TBH though, i am using ADSL, but will be moving my phone to Cell C in Oct.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Vodacom has about 2 weeks to respond to this or I'm gone. None of this soon crap, we've been asking for lower data bundles for a long time now.

I've got 2 extras 3G modems lying around, do I need to take those to 8ta to install 8ta service or can I download the firmware?

You must have been living under a rock for the last year if you're still buying prepaid bundles from Vodacom.

Cost Conscious

If the current promo pricing becomes the new market standard, then SA wireless broadband customers will be getting better value than is offered to folk in the UK.

However, the "much loved" (by Vodacom & MTN) R389 for 2Gig is not on par!

Joe Average

No need, unlike VC, the 8ta SIM will work in most compatable 3g routers. I have also used my CellC data SIM in a 8ta modem.
You should have left VC years ago, what more do you need to make the message clearer, some Vaseline ?

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
This should reach front page news--perhaps MBB forumites could chip in for a whole page ad!

McCrazieGoalz

Expert Member
A very good deal. The stuff dreams are made of.

Keep it up 8ta.

You will certainly can have my R149 soon (but, thats if I actually have coverage).

MTN. Eat your heart out.

Vodacom - you suc.

Cell C - there is no use having great deals I can't use. With all the hullabaloo about coverage, I still cannot understand why some places in Roodepoort and even Fourways have no covereage. It is a year since you switched on your HSPA+. I mean - REALLY. Looser.

Last edited:

Pavan

Expert Member
do you go out of bundle on this deal if you're roaming on a VC tower?

BBSA

Honorary Master
do you go out of bundle on this deal if you're roaming on a VC tower?

You can not roam if you have this deal, it is only available on the 8ta network.

BTW. 8ta roam on MTN

Last edited: