Prepaid data pricing: How good is 8ta’s deal really?

Big Sub-Zero

Correct me if I am wrong, but all the 8ta specials run on their own network and not the roaming on MTN.
So they do not buy it from another company and that's why they check if you have coverage first.

You are correct, exactly what I said above, only if you have checked what I was commenting on before running your comments. My answer / comment was directed to Charlh who was asking why 8ta do not extend these special to the devices / users roaming on MTN network. Word!!!!!

Last edited:

Reelix

Holy crap that is cheap(er)!

Guess I'm buying an 8.ta SIM first thing tomorrow morning - With pre-paid bundle prices half their competitors, how can one NOT try? :D

I've already got 2 Vodacom SIMs (One phone, one net), a CellC SIM (Net), and a (Disconnected) VM SIM - Why not an 8.ta one? :p

If I can download equal to, or faster than 20kb/s, CellC is going Bye-Bye (I'm in a non 2100 UMTS Zone) :p

Captain Planet

The last part true. Not much expected from vodacom. It will probly be far more expansive than the 8ta prepaid deal

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Good deal IF YOU HAVE COVERAGE. Guess there are those who will say it is 'unsustainable'. :)

Although it is a promotion. It might be a premonition.

Very cool! I'm getting around 2.7Mbps! 8ta representative activated my 8ta network!

/saves R150 for Sunday.

ontech

Cell-C's prepaid is a bit of a stretch. Paying 12 months up front is not viable at this stage. Network operators are competing against each other to offer the best deal. We, the customer will benefit at the end of the day...which is awesome! Right now, 8ta has the best deal. Let's wait and see Vodacom's prepaid data costs.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Cell-C's prepaid is a bit of a stretch. Paying 12 months up front is not viable at this stage. 8ta and Cell C are competing against each other to offer the best deal. We, the customer will benefit at the end of the day...which is awesome! Right now, 8ta has the best deal. Let's wait and see how close Vodacom will copy Cell C's pricing with a 24 month contract

Rectified.

Reelix

THIS IS FAKE

- Edit 3-

Post removed.

I have a RICA'd 8ta SIM - Can't wait for Sunday :)

Last edited:

livefree

Wow Pretty F****ing amazing.
I was doing a leap of faith when I bought the a non-roaming sim and bundle. Because on the map I am suppose to be 15kms from the nearest reception.
Definitely faster than Vodascum. Getting speeds of up to 3mbps. And all this @7c....

Now Finally I can say " FU PIETER UYS"

cavedog

Honorary Master
8ta seems to just have it going for them now. Free minutes when people call you. 55sms a day for R2.5 now this pretty decent internet special. I think if 8ta boosts coverage they will become the next big carrier in SA most likely killing virgin mobile......

8ta FTW!

Reelix

most likely killing virgin mobile......

VM partially died when the owners moved back overseas (From no waiting tone on calls (Insta-pickup) to 10+ minute waits), and fully died when they increased their OOB rate up from R0.50

8ta do seem promising.... I'll test their 2GB Promo thingy tomorrow (Have had a RICA'd SIM since yesterday)