President calls on SA to maintain social distancing after minister visits friend for lunch during lockdown

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
And in true new dawn style, no consequences. Maybe another 3 year commission of enquiry.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
“I have seen the picture of Minister Ndabeni-Abrahams sitting at the luncheon with a number of friends and other people. I have asked her to come and see me, so she is going to come and see me and I am going to have a discussion with her about the impact of visuals,” the President said.

But for anyone else, there would have been an arrest, the tosser with the dumb hats was just bragging that there have been over 2000 arrests for non compliance.

https://www.sanews.gov.za/south-africa/over-2000-arrests-non-compliance-covid-19-rules

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Make an example of her!
I doubt it,

“I have seen the picture of Minister Ndabeni-Abrahams sitting at the luncheon with a number of friends and other people. I have asked her to come and see me, so she is going to come and see me and I am going to have a discussion with her about the impact of visuals,” the President said.
all they are going to do is to discuss in which direction they want to steer the context in, but Manana made it hard to sell with his premature statement. I wouldn't even be surprised to see them go with Manana's story in any case. Fake news and all, they have overstepped several regulatory lines already with this incident and they leaked it themselves through their very own comradeship. Ramaphosa should have proposed to hold a virtual chamber with Ndabeni-Abrahams, and settled it quickly. Now it sounds like she is going to have another ‘essential’ lunch.

konfab

Honorary Master
Everyone should unleash their inner Karen and report the minister to the police.

Voicy

Honorary Master
Good idea. Let the person who broke quarantine go and visit you, the head of state, personally. God-tier logic there.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Not good enough cyril. Examples need to be made or your regulations are meaningless.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Nothing less than an arrest will do. Not even the option to step down. Different rules for politicians though...

Zophos

Expert Member
You guys are missing the point here. Go visit your friends, and when you get caught you get a nice conversation with the president. That's it! Bonus!

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
You guys are missing the point here. Go visit your friends, and when you get caught you get a nice conversation with the president. That's it! Bonus!
Fine or six months imprisonment, iirc, quite a nice conversation since the president already enacted his conversation with the nation. The ANC can still spin Stella's incident into a essential service, and that the public incorrectly interpreted the visual context.