President Cyril Ramaphosa SONA 2020 Full Speech - 13 February 2020

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Clearly you didn’t read the speech.
Not sure how allowing IPPS onto the grid is “same old, very vague on execution”

It’s literally what everyone has been asking for.

Damn if you do. Damn if you don’t.

pS have you packed your bags yet? Need help? I’ll even pay for an Uber for you to get to the airport so you can do us all a favor and **** off already.
Thor is right. Talk is cheap. Let's see action. I'm ready to feed into the grid right now. It's not a lot, but I'm not alone either.

Don't forget:

SONA2019 Promises:

- Accelerate economic growth and create jobs =
- Accelerated programme of land reform =
- Market South Africa as a tourist destination =
- Address water shortages and infrastructure =
- Fixing SOE's and preventing bailouts =

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Did you not notice the name of that plan?
"Integrated Resource Plan 2019"

It was announced to great fanfare back in October, what exactly has transpired? That's right: f-all
So yes, same old, no execution whatsoever.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member

pS have you packed your bags yet? Need help? I’ll even pay for an Uber for you to get to the airport so you can do us all a favor and **** off already.
Ag shamepies

Did one of the foreigners trigger you again?

Thor

Honorary Master

This is not the first time this was said.

I gaurentee you this won't happen.

If they allow this Eskom dies.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master

It was announced to great fanfare back in October, what exactly has transpired? That's right: f-all
I am actually surprised some imbeciles are still falling for the same old ramaphoria :ROFL:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

I think you are glossing over the realities of the situation in government.

Yes the plan was released in October 2019 as a white paper. It still requires a Section 34 notice (or whatever it is specifically) from Gweezy to actually implement.

I think the process has taken toooo damn long, but its still better than the last IRP that was announced which went fscking nowhere.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Lol Nice speech, too bad not **** all will come of it.
Less talk more action you useless potato nosed ****.

Thor

Honorary Master
In essence lots of plans and zero time frame, thus they can't be held accountable.

Ergo same old same old.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
This is not the first time this was said.

I gaurentee you this won't happen.

If they allow this Eskom dies.
A friend works for an IPP. They've pretty much had to retrench all non-essential staff and sold off portions of the business. They have capacity to produce 100MW but are limited to 75MW with the current agreements. Apparently lots of paperwork is sitting on the Eskom CEOs desk and is simply not being signed in order for them to push onto the grid.

Mila

Honorary Master
The lies at the beginning of the sona speech, to try and make it look like education and the economy in Sa were doing so well.... yeah really... We are technically in a recession and our education is the worst its ever been.. employment levels?
So many things he left out, skirted around or just ignored all together.

Its the same lies they have been pandering for 25 years. Just a new face to represent the fingers in the cookie jar

11Snowman11

I think this is one of the better SONA speeches we had in quite a few years. There are quite a few plans where the implementation is quite unclear. But also plans and policies which are quite clear on the implementation. Further is as clear as daylight that the main focus was on education and youth development.
It is quite easy for people to say this is the 'same old, same old' promises, but how many of these plans and policies will actually influence or change your life. Yes, things like the SOE's will impact you, but so many people are already living quite comfortable so many of these will have almost no impact on us. Yet somewhere out there in SA, there is a young individual who will be given an opportunity to reach his potential which can lead him/her out of poverty.
Further, he did not beat around the bush with the issues we are facing.

Also some of the new plans people overlook like these
This year we will open up and regulate the commercial use of hemp products, providing opportunities for small-scale farmers; and formulate policy on the use of cannabis products for medicinal purposes, to build this industry in line with global trends.
To strengthen the capacity of the state and increase accountability, I will be signing performance agreements with all Ministers before the end of this month.

These agreements – which are based on the targets contained in the Medium-Term Strategic Framework – will be made public so that the people of South Africa can hold those who they elected into office to account.

We see these performance agreements as the cornerstone of a new culture of transparency and accountability, where those who are given the responsibility to serve – whether as elected office bearers or public servants – do what is expected of them.
Cannabis can bring a huge boost of income to SA like by the jobs this will create. Finally, there will be a better way to hold cabinet members accountable and it will be easier to see who is those who are not competent to be a cabinet member.

So this is not a perfect SONA but I think the plans for improvement is there, but it must be implemented and run efficiently.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Performance agreements were announced years ago. Dololo.

11Snowman11

Performance agreements were announced years ago. Dololo.
Yes, but none of the agreement contracts were made public. Yes making these public will not bring a huge difference. However, this will allowed us to see which cabinet members are not suitable for their position.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I think you are glossing over the realities of the situation in government.

Yes the plan was released in October 2019 as a white paper. It still requires a Section 34 notice (or whatever it is specifically) from Gweezy to actually implement.
Not glossing over, outright criticising, somehow we can accelerate economically damaging plans like EWC, but the things that might just save us drag along. A government that actually wants to fix things will get it done, bureaucracy be damned.

its still better than the last IRP that was announced which went fscking nowhere
That remains to be seen, at this point in time it has achieved as much as the plan that went nowhere: f-all

grok

Honorary Master
I watched for about 10 minutes, came to the realization that this was some Wakanda-level wishful thinking again & switched off.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Yes, but none of the agreement contracts were made public. Yes making these public will not bring a huge difference. However, this will allowed us to see which cabinet members are not suitable for their position.
Don't need a performance agreement to tell us that.