Pretoria hospital bungle...HOOOOOO

Do you have faith in the quality of care in State Hospitals?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

antowan

Honorary Master
Thank heavens he woke up. I will avoid state hospitals as far as possible thanks. There are very good people working at some of these institutions, but it is simply too risky with the known drop in the quality of medical training in South Africa. Because of the lack of standards state departments like the department of health has become a little dodgy when it comes to service delivery. Quantity over quality is always dangerous... Look at the minister of health and the minister of comms to get an idea of what gets into leadership. If that is leadership, then imagine the departments under them! Scary! :eek:

"It is unbelievable that a man injured in a car accident could not be found in this hospital for eight hours, was mistaken for a woman, and prepared for surgery for injuries he did not have,"

How on earth did he get mistaken for a woman????

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
LOL cant help but laugh at how stupid the state is. But I agree with antowan its the safest thing to do avoid state hospitals

NeBo

Expert Member
Unfortunately if you are alone in the car and have a car accident for instance, they will take you to a state hospital until they can identify "next of kin" or someone you know. I keep emergency family numbers in the car for just this reason with instructions to phone my family in the event of an accident when I can't phone them my self. My family would never take me to a state hospital.

nocilah

Banned
Telkomisaloser said:
"It is unbelievable that a man injured in a car accident could not be found in this hospital for eight hours, was mistaken for a woman, and prepared for surgery for injuries he did not have,"

How on earth did he get mistaken for a woman????
aaish. she's brookeen.

thats how.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Same here ploempie. I also got the medical aid sticker on my car backwindow and also I wish to rather die then because if Im gonne get taken to a state hospital Ill die anyway

Angellus

Expert Member
The really sad thing is not everyone has teh choice of going to a private hospital. We take it for granted but most of the population cant afford the cost of private hospitals, they have to play the state hospital lottery.

nocilah

Banned
hrm :/ it is sad...

but then changing the name of airports and towns i suppose is one way of dealing with the health care issue in this country.

Tux

Software Communist
I drive past HF verwoerd everyday. Yeah I know the name was changed but everybody I know still cal it HF. And they're not white folks either. Which makes me wonder who really wants all those names changed. HF today looks more like a roach motel than anything else. I'd rather die than go there.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I can see it getting to the point where patients are going to start writing instructions on their skin with a koki (sp?) pen. Still - amazing that you might be tempted to indicate your gender.

Makes you wonder what they're teaching in institutions of higher education. Is Pretoria Academic Hospital supposed to be a teaching hospital??

ajak

Expert Member
bwana v.10 said:
I can see it getting to the point where patients are going to start writing instructions on their skin with a koki (sp?) pen. Still - amazing that you might be tempted to indicate your gender.

Makes you wonder what they're teaching in institutions of higher education. Is Pretoria Academic Hospital supposed to be a teaching hospital??
You are so right,last year(if you remember i went for a big op)well i used a permanent marker and wrote THIS LEG,in big bold letters on the leg ,and a dotted line wher the dok said he was going to cut,i kid you not