Pretoria - Moot FTTH Movement

Sokum

Good day lads and lassies
Please anybody that's from the Moot(Rietfontein, Villeria, Waverley etc.) area in PTA please visit our page to get Fibre installed in the area, it's community driven project with +/-143 ppl strong and increasing fast...
Moot Fibre Movement

Gothan

Expert Member
Perhaps spread the word on various facebook groups like "Moot and verkoop" and so on?

Sokum

Done and done just spoke to Rekord Moot about a small editorial in our local Newspaper.

BradyMiaau

Only on Facebook?

Good day lads and lassies
Please anybody that's from the Moot(Rietfontein, Villeria, Waverley etc.) area in PTA please visit our page to get Fibre installed in the area, it's community driven project with +/-143 ppl strong and increasing fast...
Moot Fibre Movement

Hi. Joined (via Wife). Wife is letting all the Facebook people she knows in the moot as well, quite a few (parenting groups)

Is there another avenue other then Facebook?
Is there some sort of Moot business owners forum? I seem to remember Kilner Park Security talking about something like that. Anyone know?

|Trix|

Joined Lads
Come-on, lets get this fiber going,Telkom with their sloppy adsl connections is not the answer anymore.
I've shared the page as well, anyone knows who the admin is of that FB group?

Elax

Meh, Can't even get phone adsl 5k west of the R55 on the R514 due to cables getting stolen too often. And too many trees for wifi

lionelpcn

Meh, Can't even get phone adsl 5k west of the R55 on the R514 due to cables getting stolen too often. And too many trees for wifi

Elax, Fibre wont get stolen as theres no retail value on the material. There are many farms these days with fibre broadband. Some even installed by the farmers themselves.

123NET fibre Team

123NET representative
Company Rep
Well I think we should go for www.123net.co.za, I was on there site on the expansion plans page and Rietfontein and Villieria are listed on the page.

We (Lionel) also started a website and need input http://www.mootfibre.org/.

Good evening!

If we receive at least 300 signups from a few neighbouring suburbs with a high enough total density, we will consider combining the suburbs for a fibre rollout :)

Could you please tell us exactly how many suburbs 'Moot' is made up of, besides Rietfontein, Villeria & Waverley?

Sokum

The Moot is pretty much the area between the two mountains, with +/- 8 suburbs. Wonderboom-South has in a 6 block radius 20 apartment buildings with the average block being 4+ levels/floors and there are allot of double story complexes every 4 to 5 blocks with the average 8+ units in most of the other suburbs Dark Fibre Africa has laid fibre backbone in/through all the suburbs.
Capture.jpg MOOT.gif

Attachments

• moot fibre.jpg
    moot fibre.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2,004
Last edited:

123NET fibre Team

123NET representative
Company Rep
Fantastic, thanks for the info :)

We will keep an eye on signups from these suburbs. Make sure you spread the word! We will be launching an official marketing & advertising campaign soon to help spread awareness, but if you want to speed up the process then feel free to encourage your community to sign up!

|Trix|

I've noticed this in Pretoria Gardens, looks like DFA, can anyone explain what it means?
5c3d6a14-398d-42c4-b376-9301cde791b3.jpg

Elax

I would if I had a snowballs chance of getting fibre 5km west of Mahem...

McGuywer

Executive Member
Any feedback on this?
I see Openserve will be covering Waverley. Basically N1 West until 30th Avenue.