• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Pretoria tavern owner jailed for two years for noise pollution

schumi

Honorary Master
The man was previously fined R12 000 for contravening the Gauteng Noise Control Regulations.

The owner of a Pretoria tavern has been sentenced to two years behind bars for noise pollution, the City of Tshwane

The city said 44-year-old Phillip Mabala was found guilty on 26 charges related to noise pollution by the Tshwane Municipal Court.

“The case against Mafata was brought to court by the City of Tshwane’s Municipal Health Services Section which is responsible for all environmental health complaints. It was based on the evidence by one of Mafata’s neighbours and city officers who visited the neighbour’s house to take noise measurements,” the city said.
More at : https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...wner-jailed-for-two-years-for-noise-pollution

airborne

Executive Member
Throw that heartless bastard in prison!

I can only imagine the torment the guys poor neighbours had to go through for him to be jailed. There are few things more harsh than serious noise pollution, its fine every once in a while but day in day out it starts having serious consequences on your health and sleep patterns. Nevermind struggling to work the next day when you've barely had any sleep.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Murder get 8 years. Loud speakers 3. Yip priorities are correct.

I can only imagine the torment the guys poor neighbours had to go through for him to be jailed. There are few things more harsh than serious noise pollution, its fine every once in a while but day in day out it starts having serious consequences on your health and sleep patterns. Nevermind struggling to work the next day when you've barely had any sleep.
And the Mosque?

spiff

Expert Member
They should do that with the freaking dog owners.
Just 1 or 2 should do the trick

Splinter

Honorary Master

Yeah. But. A couple of months would have served I reckon.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Guy in Amanzimtoti got jailed for 6 months because he would not shut his dogs up. From what I hear his dogs tormented that neighborhood for years. After dozens of fines and warnings, the judge threw him in the slammer.

genetic

Honorary Master
Guy in Amanzimtoti got jailed for 6 months because he would not shut his dogs up. From what I hear his dogs tormented that neighborhood for years. After dozens of fines and warnings, the judge threw him in the slammer.
Good. Either that or I physically kill those ****ing dogs. I hate dogs... and their owners.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Good. Either that or I physically kill those ****ing dogs. I hate dogs... and their owners.
We've got one here a few houses down. Like I cannot even explain to you how annoying this dog is, barks non stop for 4 sometimes 5 hours straight. Myself and several neighbors have called Metro, they show up, give the guy a warning and leave. This has been going on now for about 8 months. I think at some point Metro or someone will lay a charge against him and take him to court, not sure what the process is but it's going to happen any day now, this guy will find himself having to explain to a judge why he has tormented the neighborhood for nearly a year and done nothing.

I'm studying at the moment and battling, it's the type of bark that seems to pierce concrete and headphones.

The dog is an Afrikanus or Africanas however it's spelled.

Edit: That's it, same ****ing dog in that picture :erm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africanis

Arthur

Honorary Master
The Citizen said:
The city said 44-year-old Phillip Mabala was found guilty on 26 charges related to noise pollution by the Tshwane Municipal Court.

“The case against Mafata was brought to court by the City of Tshwane’s Municipal Health Services Section
Two people, or sloppy reporting and editing by the former government-owned newspaper?

spiff

Expert Member
I almost did a few years ago. Some of my neighbours still say I did. Dog kept on barking day and night.
Took a piece of plastic condiut and whacked the owners garden gate - sounded like a gun shot.
That shut it up.

The following day l found out that the dog had disappeared never to be seen again.

Still a mystery.

spiff

Expert Member
Keep building up a case history. That will help the LE
We've got one here a few houses down. Like I cannot even explain to you how annoying this dog is, barks non stop for 4 sometimes 5 hours straight. Myself and several neighbors have called Metro, they show up, give the guy a warning and leave. This has been going on now for about 8 months. I think at some point Metro or someone will lay a charge against him and take him to court, not sure what the process is but it's going to happen any day now, this guy will find himself having to explain to a judge why he has tormented the neighborhood for nearly a year and done nothing.

I'm studying at the moment and battling, it's the type of bark that seems to pierce concrete and headphones.

The dog is an Afrikanus or Africanas however it's spelled.

Edit: That's it, same ****ing dog in that picture :erm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africanis