Price of Bluetooth earphones on Takealot

Hi people! This is my first post so excuse any mistakes/issues.

Anyway, after browsing Takealot for a pair of bluetooth earphones, I noticed that some unknown brands have earphones which are particularly expensive. So I looked them up on Amazon only to find that the Takealot price is up to 10 times more. Is this normal for tech-related products in SA? Some of the earphones were going for over R1000 but were not even $20 on Amazon. This seems really wrong. Are Takealot taking advantage of the fact that people will see the high price and assume the earphones are actually good?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Search the chinese sites - you'll wait awhile, but pay a fraction of the price. Bought a pare of sports headphones that takealot had on special at R500, marked down from R1200 - only to find them for just over R100 overseas, shipped. They've been working fine for over a year.

skinndeep

Expert Member
Search the chinese sites - you'll wait awhile, but pay a fraction of the price. Bought a pare of sports headphones that takealot had on special at R500, marked down from R1200 - only to find them for just over R100 overseas, shipped. They've been working fine for over a year.
Link?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

Cash Crusaders also sells some rebranded Chinese earphones under the Dixon brand. The last pair I bought didn't show up online and only lasted 6 months so do your homework.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I'm eyeing a Philips currently on promo at Makro, and Takealot has the Toshiba for R329, although these are headphones. JBL and Rocka are some of the other brands to consider.

Sportmans Warehouse has quite a big range of BT earphones to choose from.

airborne

Honorary Master
I'm also looking for BT headphones, be very careful though they often have absolutely useless range.

I had an awesome pair of LG BT headphones, only issue is to have clear audio without it crackling or breaking up I literally needed to have my phone or computer within 25cm of the headset, just my hand coming in between the 2 would result in the headset completely losing sound. Looking on Amazon I discovered I wan't the only one suffering with this set of headphones.

I eventually gave up after countless troubleshooting steps and to once and for all rid myself of their noxious presence I threw them at the wall, good riddance to R900 odd's worth.

Park@82

Honorary Master
I'm also looking for BT headphones, be very careful though they often have absolutely useless range.

I had an awesome pair of LG BT headphones, only issue is to have clear audio without it crackling or breaking up I literally needed to have my phone or computer within 25cm of the headset, just my hand coming in between the 2 would result in the headset completely losing sound. Looking on Amazon I discovered I wan't the only one suffering with this set of headphones.

I eventually gave up after countless troubleshooting steps and to once and for all rid myself of their noxious presence I threw them at the wall, good riddance to R900 odd's worth.
Did the same happen when using your phone?

airborne

Honorary Master
That's a good price if they work well, I'm looking for the earbud style ones though.

Jimmy-Z

That's a good price if they work well, I'm looking for the earbud style ones though.

I use the Skullcandy Method Wireless Sport. A bit pricey, but it's extremely comfortable. The "collar" places all the weight on your shoulders/neck, so the earbuds weigh next to nothing. Battery life is around 9 hours with around 30 min charge time.

airborne

Honorary Master
I use the Skullcandy Method Wireless Sport. A bit pricey, but it's extremely comfortable. The "collar" places all the weight on your shoulders/neck, so the earbuds weigh next to nothing. Battery life is around 9 hours with around 30 min charge time.
That sounds good, what's pricey?